Attn: Waterfowl fanatics!

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
I have a goose band that was only a couple years old but looked like it had been through WWII. Had to guess at one of the numbers. Got it right on second attempt. I think some birds find the bands irritating and peck on them.
Could be that, although my thought is that mallards and geese spend a lot of time on land, walking around through corn stubble, etc. For the worn mallard band I actually called them up and we went through a few possibilities for the unreadable number and figured it out. I've heard other people say they sent the band back and by chemically etching they could read the numbers. I ended up loosing the worn band shortly after I got it, somehow came off my lanyard dammit.

There's got to be a way to do an HT waterfowl road trip. Possibly a neutral state DIY public land. Depending on the number of attendees as to whether there's a need to break into smaller hunting groups or not.
I‘m going to W. Tennessee next week for a 3-day duck hunt at Reelfoot Lake. Last week of the season. I had one guy cancel for medical reasons so we have an opening. Ping me if interested. These are the guys we’re going with:

Last edited:
View attachment 209554
Missed a few opportunities today, including on some cinnamon teal, but am always happy to get my Bull sprig. Starting to figure out how this spot shoots in north vs south winds on the refuge. Only got the one bird but learned a lot today.
If you only go home with one, a nice bull like that is hard to beat!

We could do a Kansas hunt. I’d be game. I should be around people with the same condition! 🤣🤣
I heard good things about Cheyenne Bottoms (actual place, get your minds out of the gutter), thought about going there when I had a Kansas deer tag, but didn't make it. Might sort of be centrally located for a lot of folks, anybody hunted there?

I heard good things about Cheyenne Bottoms (actual place, get your minds out of the gutter), thought about going there when I had a Kansas deer tag, but didn't make it. Might sort of be centrally located for a lot of folks, anybody hunted there?
Looked into it a lot. Lot of guys saying how its not what it used to be, albeit you could sat that for 90% of places ducks are hunted anymore.

If you only go home with one, a nice bull like that is hard to beat!
Exactly! Everything was going wrong, they’d constantly come from whatever direction I happened to not be looking at, which never really happens, was getting frustrated with the layups I was way too late on and eventually got the lone sprig and peace was restored 😂

We could do a Kansas hunt. I’d be game. I should be around people with the same condition! 🤣🤣
This is what I was thinking. Lots of little potholes and WIA. We were seeing quite a few ducks in September even when I was out there in 2020. Not to mention the numbers of doves I saw.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back