Caribou Gear

At Last

The Viperess

We put the deposit on renting a place today. (We don't quite have the cash saved up to get the land We want )

However this place is in the country. There are only 2 houses on the gravel township road. The boys will have to walk up the road to catch the school bus and gget our mail. The cost is going to be about $300 a month less than living in the village so that $ can be set aside for buying land. Deer feed in the backyard and are all around the place. There will be 56 acres that we can hunt on almost exclusively*sp)

We can plant a garden and set up a archery range(hehe live deer as targets once season starts)

The owner asked if we would get lonely and I said NOPE.

Not quite heaven on earth yet but it will do for now.

You guys didn spend the winter in that pop up did ya? Congrats on the new digs, and the hunting rights. Save some of them squirrel for me. I love squirrel stew

Way to go Doris...

Fred still going to live in the camp trailer in the back of work??? :D:D:D

Sounds like you will really be roughing it....56 acres....deer in the back yard....i'm jealous.

We have been living in a duplex in the village(I know you could call me the village idiot:D )since late July. There was many times since I wished we were still in the camper. Believe it or not there was many times where I missed the way it was last summer. (No running water,no electricity,no phones or any comforts. This is about the closest we could get to that.
The last people left trash all over the place and we will be there tomorrow getting rid of most of it. It is not a immaculate place but hey we lived in a pop up camper.

I also believe that we will not have to purchase any tags for the deer we take on the land during season. :cool:

This is what we saw right up the road about 150 yards away from the place

deer34.jpg

schmalts said:
more pics needed.
What does vacant land go for there?

I posted a few pics in the Pictures forum.;)

The land goes for about $1000-$2500 A acre. We looked at a piece of land last year that they were asking 32k for 22 acres. Then there was a place with a house on it that had 47 acres that went for 67k.

Hey NUT...... What if I bought some land over there and built a House for you to Rent/Buy OR a Lease to own ? Or buy some Land with an Existing house on it like you mensioned.

I'd buy that 67k with 47 Acres on it in a heart beat if you were interested.

I jsut bought one of my other Moderators a House (Closing on it Monday)..... And I could have 2 of you "owned" ;) (Just kidding on the Owning part).

Something to think about............... Thats a Serious offer.

2-3k an acre? Damn thats cheap!

Where i live an acre costs 40,000 and nothings on it but sagebrush. Maybe a stinking antelope.

Hey moosie build me a house down here on some land and i'll rent to own from ya. I want 20' ceilings for lifesize muley mounts.

OK.... Lets talk WyoH. What can you afford a Month :D :D

Price is all relative. 1 Acre here for Dirt is about 150k same piece in Orem Utah is 250k, Try putting that in NYC and you're 1.5 mill :)

Ha NYC 1.5 mil if your lucky

an acre right down the steet cost 2mil actually is was 3/4 acre. funny thing April and I looked at that property in 1984 and its was 20 k, in 1990 it was 95k , I just heard through a friend it sold for 2 mil a few months ago.

Property here is 250k an acre, then you have to pay to have the utilities placed to it, water and sewer, driveway has to be paved for emergency equipment. No wonder they are throwing these damn condo's up and selling them for 400K with no property.

Ok Moosie I'm just an electrical Apprent. so I don't make the big bucks yet, I make 15 an hour but get a lot of overtime. I figured I could afford around 1200 a month or so. Put about 10k down. I'll do the electrical work so theres a little less money.... And my best friend owns a concrete company....so he can do the basement etc...

EL

Wow ! Guess I live in Bargain Central USA. You can by real nice 1-2 acre building lots in new subdivisions for $15-30K. Heck, you can buy good farm / hunting ground for $2500 per acre.
..... Of course I can't look out and see mountains, a trout stream, or anything like that.

Congrats House of Nut...glad to see you're getting there. I'll call you soon, I hope. :(

Sounds to me like a got a heckuva deal on my little piece of heaven. :eek:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back