As Big As They Get!!!

Big Sky

For those of you that are familiar with kokanee salmon this is about as big as they get. It is illegal to keep kokanee this time of year in Utah, but in several lakes you can still catch them as long as you let them go. The state record for Utah is 6.5 pounds. This one has to be knocking on the door of that.
Troy-Adams-9-20-22-A.jpg

Amazing! You are the master!

This is my personal best. I hooked it chasing Dolly Varden in Alaska. It started an obsession for me. It hit the purple egg sucking leech you can see in the photo. Once I caught one, I gave up on the Dollys and spent the day sight casting to them in the stream. Didn't keep any. What a blast!

Saw them in the North Fork of the Clearwater yesterday, but they wouldn't take anything I tried.

IMG_2520.JPG

Headed to that body of water this weekend. I was hoping to see some salmon. Beautiful area, even better with some nice looking salmon. Thanks for sharing.

Headed to that body of water this weekend. I was hoping to see some salmon. Beautiful area, even better with some nice looking salmon. Thanks for sharing.
I wish you the best of luck. I imagine it will be pretty crowded down there. Word has got out and weekends are a little crazy there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back