Article in Current "Bugle" Magazine

What said here, plus some doofus scoping you with his rifle. WTF?

Happens to me all the time. I hunt deer in what could generously be called a "less affluent area" where the locals' rifle scopes double as binos.

Last edited:
My dad and I had a guy shoot about 3 rounds of shot at us. Apparently he was mad that we got the turkey and he didn't. Luckily none hit us. My brother was shot in the neck with shot at a pheasant release area up north of where we live. He heard the shot a couple hundred yards away and next thing he knows we were digging out a couple shot pellets. I'll never go on one of those hunts again!

Remind me never to hunt with any of you guys! J/K dang those are some bad experiences, Ive had some bullets wizz by over the years, but never anyone that deliberately shoot at me, thank god because I dont know what I would do if that were to happen, Im fairly certain it wouldnt be good for anyone involved!.

Last edited:
While not exactly the same, with the small woodlots we deal with here in Ohio trespassing is rampant. Bad to the point that I have to almost spend opening day patrolling our farm. Have not had anyone intentionally shoot but have met some characters that I wouldn't put it past.

This seems to be more of a societal problem than a hunting problem these days. Moral compasses have been skewed and the sense of right and wrong is waning.

And my wife still sometimes questions why I pack a sidearm everywhere I go. mtmuley

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back