MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Article for Muledeer4me

Michaelr

Now The Enviro-Nuts Care About The Economy?
By Sheriff Michael E. Cook
Published 04. 17. 02 at 13:02 Sierra Time
xxx
I find it amazing how far the environmental extremists will go to get things their way. They will lie, cheat, and just generally bad mouth anyone who holds a different view. I guess they are of the old," the end justifies the means", crowd. I do know that it is human nature to want to continue to have everything your way. Now I think there is real danger for those who oppose these people, anyone they think is the enemy. If you look at history, once people get spoiled by having everything their way - and then things start to change - violence follows. We have seen violence already in the movement with E.L.F. (Earth Liberation Front). I believe that it will now get far worse.

I got to see it first hand just a couple weeks ago in the meeting with the Board of Commissioners in Coos County Oregon. The topic was a vote to join the Pacific Legal Foundation in a suit against the US Fish and Wildlife over the listing of the Snowy Plover and the closing of beaches in Oregon. The suit was filed because the government never followed their own rule in the Endangered Species Act that requires an economic impact consideration and study before the listing. It's that simple folks. The whole thing is to make them follow the law just like you and I must. So, I ask, what is wrong with this?

Well the Environmentalist's went sideways. They told how this would ruin the tourist trade in Coos County. People would boycott this area because we were showing the rest of the world that we were anti-environmentalist and no one would visit here again. They even attack me for my stance on the Second Amendment. According to them, the signal I was sending to the world about Coos County is that we are all a bunch of gun totting red necks with homicide on our mind. They think the county will lose money because of all this. How much money has been lost, and families upset and moved, because of the listing of animals who are not endangered? The impact of what the environmentalist's have already done has damaged this area beyond repair. So now they are worried about the economy?

The sad thing I've observed in all this is that these environmentalist are against industry, more people moving here, and any off road vehicle using any area. When was the last time you got a family wage job from an environmental extremist? When was the last time enviro-extremist took a disabled person to the beach and allowed them to ride an ATV because they couldn't walk?

How does making the government follow their own laws destroy our environment and life? What are they afraid of? Why would they try to recall the Commissioners over this issue?

My gut response is because they are like a bunch of little children who didn't get their way so they are mad and taking their ball and going home. Then I realized that they are afraid we will hold their feet to the fire on this one and it would mean that other listings, and the land taking because of them, would be reviewed with the possibility that the people could get their land and rights back.

If you look at Coos County alone we have been financially destroyed by the listing of the Spotted Owl and other fish and birds species. Both of our major industries have been all but shut down; timber and fishing. Does this mean that the government and the extreme environmentalist's will have to pay us back? Could it be that the damage that has been done is wrong and must be repaired to make those who lost jobs and were displaced whole again? What about the farmers in the Klamath Basin? This could cost the extremist lots of money and their life style. Maybe it is time they know how it feels. What a great idea. They should be held responsible for their actions as we are. This is what happens when you cheat and lie to get your way isn't it? That's what my parents taught me anyway.

The bottom line is there are lots of Snowy Plovers in the world. They are not rare or endangered unless you zip code them as the eco-nuts are attempting to do. The beaches along Oregon are a bad place for the bird to nest because the government planted beach grass that was not native to the area, so very few come here. Again they keep attempting to tell lies and make people shut down public and private land for some agenda that has nothing to do with protecting the animals and plants. If the extremist's cared about the environment, they wouldn't have killed thousands of animals by shutting down the water in the Klamath Basin for no good reason. They wouldn't try to stop all the logging so that there is no food for the deer and elk. They wouldn't take the ability to manage predators from the experts, or try to introduce more predators to the land and then get them listed. All these things damage nature and upset the balance.

I ask you to look at this with good common sense and not to join in their stupidity that destroys our freedoms, our ability to make a living, and raise our families. Let the extremist's know they are not the majority and they are not going to run our lives any longer. We want that control back.

God Bless America.

Michael E. Cook, Coos County Sheriff, Retired.

© 2002 SierraTimes.com

Another good one Mike.
I run across so many of them I often get so busy reading and following the links I forget to post them.
I find it hard to believe people arent seeing many of these org. for what they really are.
Anti-American anti -hunting,anti-firearm ,anti-private property,and very good at getting people fired up over one item that they cant see the big picture of where they are being led.
Or maybe thats the point,many of them understand it but have bought into this anti-American,were all bad for having it so good crap.
We should all join them in banning the SUV the ATV,all extraction industrys, drive electric car's and eat gronala
wink.gif
LOL

That was a very good and to the point post, it deserves a rating post of five stars..
biggrin.gif

Back