Arrows ?

DKO

Theres always alot of controiversy over arrow weights for specific game whats your thoughts and secondly if you hunt elk with a bow what arrow shaft and broadhead are you using and what draw weight is your bow ????

Draw weight 70 lbs.
Arrow- Beman 340 carbon.
Arrow weight 400 grains
Broadhead weight 85 (might go to 100 this year)
And for those that hate em till they learn more about them Broadhead- Rocket mini-blaster mechanicals. Except in Idaho and any where else that Mechanicals are not allowed - Thunder head 85 grain 3 blade.
SHOT PLACEMENT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!

There is a place for heavier arrows (Africa) but any arrow in the 400-500 grain area is more than enough for elk and moose. I have a freind that took a buffalo with a light arrow and a 55 grain Rocket mechanical broadhead. The other part of the equation is Kinetic Energy. Any bow set up good shooting 40 lbs and up will effectively take most animals If the broadhead is sharp and the shot placement is perfect.
SHOT PLACEMENT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT AND ONLY TAKE HIGH PERCENTAGE BROADSIDE SHOTS!!!
Steve

PS. This is my opinion and not open for argument only discussion based on actual first hand knowledge and facts.

DKO... I can't remember all that stuff.... I walk into the Shop.. Tell um to "HOOK ME UP" And my boys take care of me.... Thats why I don't post in this section much.. I feel like a RETARD... But I'll go head to head with ya on the range

Lemme gun out to the garage real quick.....

BRB....

OK I'm back, My arrows say :
Easton 2315 Lite XX75 Camo Hunter...
Fletchings are 4"... 2 orange Kock vien is Green. (BTW, I anchor the Kock vien in the corner of my mouth when I shoot and My right thumb behind my head. I'll show ya when Ya get here.. No Kock vien in the Mouth jokes though
)
I pull 78 #'s and a 100 Grain Thunder head. I choose that because I hear they are the Best... But what Do I know

I am Measureing my arrow as I type.....29" not counting this Broadhead and the Knock.
Thunderhead is 1.75" long...

Thats my setup... Ohhh On those DART systems my bow says it shoots about 240 FT/SEC. I'm not sure if thats FAST, But it works for me....

Now that I sound like a Moron... I'll stop typing :D :D

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back