MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Arrow recommendations?

RyanSoNorCal

Looking for arrows good for both target shooting and hunting? New to archery but not hunting. Just purchased a PSE Drive 3B. Plan is to get in as much practice as possible before I take it out for 2020 season.

I like Easton fmj’s and gold tip pro hunters.

I have one Goldtip that's went through three animals. Shot them for better part of ten years, never had an issue or reason to switch.

There are a lot of great arrows out there, but I’ll add another vote for the Easton Axis. Out of the ones I’ve shot they seem most durable. I’ve been told good things from a friend shooting gold tips but I have no personal experience there.

I am somewhat of an arrow nut. There are very few arrows like across all the offered spines
ACCs in 390s are excellent with brass h inserts

In 350 spine arrows I really like BEA Rampages and Victorys RIP ...both .204 ID shafts that I will brass hits and flanged footers..

In 300 spine I like BEA Spartans, BEA Rampages and Easton Hexx with H brass inserts.

I have been shooting Victory RIP for a few years and now the RIP TKO. Best arrows I have shot. Prices are high but considering they are at the business end of our hunt I am willing to pay it.

I'm shooting Goldtip Hunters. Make sure you get the appropriately spined arrow for your bow. See what your local archery shop recommends.

Gold Tip has served me well. If you have a local archery shop, go buy a dozen of whatever they sell. Get to shooting for a couple of weeks. When your groups get tight, buy a tag and go hunt. Good luck.

I’ve been shooting Gold Tip Kinetic Kaos arrows for a couple of years now. I really like them. I didn’t like the idea of “skinny arrows” until I shot a few.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back