Arken Optics

MThuntr

Anyone look through or have experience with Arken scopes before? Not getting into conversations about different scopes or why not get this or that I just want to hear about experiences on Arken.

I was interested in Arken scopes also. I've been looking at the

Zero stop, illumination, capped windage turret, Japanese glass, and 23oz with good reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was interested in Arken scopes also. I've been looking at the ELP4 4-16x44.

Zero stop, illumination, capped windage turret, Japanese glass, and 23oz with good reviews.
I was thinking that but in a 6-24 for my Savage 12LRP. Their EP5 is a 34mm tube and I don't want to buy more rings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking that but in a 6-24 for my Savage 12LRP. Their EP5 is a 34mm tube and I don't want to buy more rings.
Yeah, I looked at a couple 34mm tubes, but similarly I don't want to get more rings. I'm looking for more of a hunting scope than a long range scope though!

No experience with any of their scopes but some guys at PRS matches this summer were using their binos and I was impressed. The rep also came to a match and let us check out some spotters and rangefinders. I'm always skeptical when it comes to scopes, but for binos and spotters I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger

Correction, the brand was Maven, not Arken. No experience with Arken

Last edited:
No experience with any of their scopes but some guys at PRS matches this summer were using their binos and I was impressed. The rep also came to a match and let us check out some spotters and rangefinders. I'm always skeptical when it comes to scopes, but for binos and spotters I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger
I think you're thinking of Athlon. Arken is only riflescopes to my knowledge. Athlon does scopes, binos, rangefinder, and spotters also.

Anyone look through or have experience with Arken scopes before? Not getting into conversations about different scopes or why not get this or that I just want to hear about experiences on Arken.
If you haven't read the big Arken to-do on snipershide it's probably worth a google.

If you haven't read the big Arken to-do on snipershide it's probably worth a google.
Seems like a lot of their threads are generally positive...assuming that if you spend a bit more you get a better scope. Is there one I missed?

Admittedly I would put a higher quality scope on this rifle if it did anything besides shoot paper and maybe the random whitetail deer. Currently trying to replace one of those $200 Vortex Viper 6.5-20 scopes. At nearly 13lbs my Savage 12LRP, the weight of optics are likely not an issue.

Seems like a lot of their threads are generally positive...assuming that if you spend a bit more you get a better scope. Is there one I missed?

Admittedly I would put a higher quality scope on this rifle if it did anything besides shoot paper and maybe the random whitetail deer. Currently trying to replace one of those $200 Vortex Viper 6.5-20 scopes. At nearly 13lbs my Savage 12LRP, the weight of optics are likely not an issue.
That was my general takeaway. Seems like a potentially good fit for what you are asking it to do.

I bought a 6-24 last year with rings and a bunch of other free accessories. Put it in my 6.5 prc and wouldn't hold zero. I'll throw it in another gun and try again, might switch rings. Glass was good for price point and in testing it tracked true

Back