Arizona Limited Entry Draw

seeth07

Is anyone applying for these unique super late season tags in the next week or so? Anyone have any idea what the hunt would look like in late January trying to find elk in these units?

The hunts should be fairly easy. It is a $78 raffle ticket for a shot at 6 tags. I'm passing on it.

Yeahhhhh, nooooo thanks. 1 tag in each of 6 areas, and $15 for each app. Consultants are trying to outdo each other. Last guy said "screw $15 bonus points, let's put a $300 bonus point out there." Other guy says, "check this out, instead of $15 for a chance at a bunch of tags, let's do $15 for an unknown chance at 1 tag, yeah."

Somebody will win, but 100000 people won't.

My favorite part about these is that the application period is right when people are elk and sheep hunting.

When I first posted, I didn't fully realize what this was and now that I understand it as just a lottery ticket I'm all for it although I won't be participating. If providing 6 tags means keeping 1000s of tags at the same price without an increase, yes please.

You get super luck and draw a tag. You shoot a monster, you walk up to it to find both horns fell off when it died.

You get meat and some sheds. Might as well of just shot a doe and picked up the sheds in a day or two.

I think the deer tags are likely going to draw the most interest. A rifle tag during the rut in the southern units is a true gem.

They are pretty upfront that is is a money maker. My thought is they are trying to get ahead of any revenue losses they will see from what they are about to do to the OTC deer tags.

You get super luck and draw a tag. You shoot a monster, you walk up to it to find both horns fell off when it died.

You get meat and some sheds. Might as well of just shot a doe and picked up the sheds in a day or two.
Everything is still packing antlers in AZ in February. The coues rut is in mid January with desert muleys around two weeks before. These dates are prime time for rifle hunting deer in AZ. Only governor and raffle tags can hunt with a rifle in this time frame in AZ besides some reservation hunts. Also the only doe hunts in AZ are youth only and are limited draw.

AZGF needed to some extra money this year I suppose. Odds will probably be better then the raffle tags since it will be a shorter time frame for advertising and applying. Long shot? Hell ya. I am going to apply along with my family? Yup. Spent more on their Jaws & Paws raffle tickets.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back