Arizona elk

Yesterday.
I'm sure cards will be hit for another few days as they did last year...

we got hit for one elk tag friday morning 1 elk tag sat afternoon.
if they only pick one of the 1st 2 choices like everyone says it will be early bull archery unit 8 and 9 23 early rifle. if 3rd 4th and 5th pick work like I they used to then it will be in unit 9 or 8 or 23 archery and rifle early and late.

doesnt make any difference daughter gets her 1st big game tag thats the only thing that counts( friday I thought we only got one so if it was mine I would have signed it over to her. but now that we got 2 thats going to be interesting.
if there in different units sames dates I will donate my tag to one of the kids organizations.
last time I put in for elk I got a early bull tag rifle unit 8 and a lope tag unit 9, hunt was on the exact same days. gave the lope tag to daughter drove every morning from unit 8 to unit 9 to hunt lopes than back about 3 to unit 8 again to hunt elk. we stayed the whole entire season and did a shit pot of driving back and 4th every day (98 miles if I recall ) Stan aka az402 was there Dani got a decent lope. and stan and I called in some very nice bulls and a ton of freaking bulls, just nothing I would shoot at. well one I should have but I thought it was too small. I think we finally decided it was close to or over 350 when stan look at video again at camp. at 1st I thought it was around 300. if I recall it was like 30 feet away tops.

BTW we each only had the hunters ed bonus points.... every good tag I have ever drawn was on 1 point including the 3 lope tags in unit 9 , all the 12 b 12 a and 13 b tags and 2 early bulls rfile ;)

with the exception of my 1st elk tag unit 9 bull rifle it took around 15 years but didnt put in all the time. I think that was in 94
now just waiting on the lope tags ;)
bought me some lottery tickets too ;)

Delw

Hey Del. We got hit Friday morning for four tags.. We put in for the early hunt in 10 and the regular hunt in 8, so... good luck to you and I suspect to Dani?

Hey Del. We got hit Friday morning for four tags.. We put in for the early hunt in 10 and the regular hunt in 8, so... good luck to you and I suspect to Dani?

hey Dan, How the heck you been man?.
My email is [email protected] give me a shout sometime.

no this would be Claudia the archery fool. who is 14 now. time flies doesnt it. She nailed a fox with her bow just before Christmas that I called in. we been archery yote hunting quite a bit since sept. she is determined to whack them with her bow. she wont use a gun, I just go and call them in for her. she says its too easy with a gun. every time we go out we call 2-3 with in 20 yards but they bust her. or they have a staring contest.
had one at 5 feet just staring at her for what seemed to be 10 mins. she didnt move . yote kept cocking his head back and forth like an owl then just walked off and then she was laughing too hard she couldnt draw on it when it was walking at a very slow pace away.
yes and these are her hunting clothes hahahahaha

we havent heard from dani in 1.5 years. last I heard a few weeks ago she sold her house and quite her job around end of last year. dont know whats going on.Hopefully its for the good and not bad. she will grow up one of these days we all do.
I know her boyfriend is a P.O.S. reason she hasnt made contact with us.

good luck to you as well.

forgot to add this was a head on throat shot at 20 yards pretty windy. thing was looking at her behind a rock with just his head and neck popped over the top.
this is also the bow she shot her bronze joadd medal with 292?
now she use this bow for hunting only has a carbon rose for targets and shooting 295's, she needs to grow 1.25" more before she can get her bowtech fanatic target bow. she wont own a hoyte or pse.

Delw

Attachments

• fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 358
I received a hit last Friday for an elk tag. I was excited at first, but after I double checked my application receipt it looks like I applied for unit 27 late archery, not late 27 rifle as planned.... Douh!!!! I guess it's a good thing I picked up a new bow this last year... Only had 3 points so I don;t think I burned myself all that bad.

From what I've researched thus far I should see quite a few elk as long as I get far away from the beaten path, and should have a lot of country to myself - only 30 tags issued. AZ here I come.

Congrats on the tags guys

My brother was hit for a late tag, more than likely it is a late 27 tag. Anyone with any info it would be great. His 2nd choice was 1 late rifle tag but he didnt have any points so we are thinking he won the lottery and drew 27.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back