Arizona ANTELOPE Unit 1 Archery - I'll trade for CO info - OIL for a single dad

BrokenArrow

Hey all,
I am a very lucky guy. Archery Unit 1. Doesn't matter how many points it took to draw, etc....

What matters is that I have the tag and am a single dad that works a bunch.
I have helped multiple folks tag out in SW CO (Units 76,71,74,75,751…)as I was a guide for 15 years and have happily helped folks through this website successfully hunt without paying a crap load of money. Because I can't afford being guided myself, lol. And I did everything I could to help the paying customers tag out.
I hope I can cash in that Karma for this tag.

Of course, I will figure it out if nobody has any info (it's a rare tag and there hasn't been a lot of folks to hunt it and happen upon this post).
So, I'm gonna be driving down and scouting over all holidays/weekends I can. All my vacation time (for the whole year) is already on the calendar for this hunt. I'm giving it everything I've got.
ANY info will help!

A thousand thanks in advance, JW

Last edited:
Member since 2017: ✅
Oil tag: ✅
Willing to trade good intel in return: ✅
Going to do your own scouting: ✅
Believer in Karma: ✅
Single dad: a little grovelly, but why not

I approve of your request. Would help you if I could. Hopefully you will get some PMs. Good luck!

(Attn new members: this is how it’s done!)

Congrats on a great tag and a great year to have that tag. Jay Scott has some podcast episodes that break down units 1 & 27. Most of the unit is fairly accessible by roads. I would take scouting time to learn the roads and how to navigate the unit. You'll want to be mobile and night bugle.

Water is not really going to be a factor this year but I'd still follow monsoon rainfall maps to see hot spots.

Hey all, thanks for replying. And hopefully I’m helping someone as much as they can help me.

Just to be clear this is an antelope tag.

I know, it’s a rare thing. Most people assume elk right off.

Member since 2017: ✅
Oil tag: ✅
Willing to trade good intel in return: ✅
Going to do your own scouting: ✅
Believer in Karma: ✅
Single dad: a little grovelly, but why not

I approve of your request. Would help you if I could. Hopefully you will get some PMs. Good luck!

(Attn new members: this is how it’s done!)
Thank you

Congrats on a great tag and a great year to have that tag. Jay Scott has some podcast episodes that break down units 1 & 27. Most of the unit is fairly accessible by roads. I would take scouting time to learn the roads and how to navigate the unit. You'll want to be mobile and night bugle.

Water is not really going to be a factor this year but I'd still follow monsoon rainfall maps to see hot spots.

Edit: missed it was pronghorn. The rest still applies.

Antelope in AZ in general are on the decline. It may be a OIL tag but you can kill big bucks in WY with 4 points than most AZ units.

Hey all,
I am a very lucky guy. Archery Unit 1. Doesn't matter how many points it took to draw, etc....

What matters is that I have the tag and am a single dad that works a bunch.
I have helped multiple folks tag out in SW CO (Units 76,71,74,75,751…)as I was a guide for 15 years and have happily helped folks through this website successfully hunt without paying a crap load of money. Because I can't afford being guided myself, lol. And I did everything I could to help the paying customers tag out.
I hope I can cash in that Karma for this tag.

Of course, I will figure it out if nobody has any info (it's a rare tag and there hasn't been a lot of folks to hunt it and happen upon this post).
So, I'm gonna be driving down and scouting over all holidays/weekends I can. All my vacation time (for the whole year) is already on the calendar for this hunt. I'm giving it everything I've got.
ANY info will help!

A thousand thanks in advance, JW
I hope your hunt went well. I just found out I drew this tag also. I am pretty excited and will start scouting in 2 weeks. Let me know if you have any recommendations. Also would love to see some pics of your hunt if you have any.

I hope your hunt went well. I just found out I drew this tag also. I am pretty excited and will start scouting in 2 weeks. Let me know if you have any recommendations. Also would love to see some pics of your hunt if you have any.
Whenever you want. I’m on my way to a remote work location and check internet stuff after each work day til Friday. Just pm me. Happy to help. I’ll never draw another one!!!!
Antelope in AZ unit 1 is a funky thing. Doable, but don’t get your hopes up for a big buck.
I had a crossbow permit. Lots of broken bones and I still pulled off a stalk, but it took me a week.
And whatever you do, don’t try to sell your crossbow in the classifieds here. The purists will try to crucify you!!! 😂

Attachments

• IMG_6335.jpeg
    IMG_6335.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
I don’t know much about antelope, but in my time driving around unit 1, I have seen some in the rolling foothills that have pinion juniper in them. There are also antelope way out on the wide-open flats, but the former seems like much better archery country.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back