PEAX Equipment

Argali Rincon 2P Tent: please share your experiances!

CG-914

Really Interested in getting a Argali Rincon 2P Tent.

I love how versatile it is. What is your experiance with it, especially under extremer weather conditions like storm and snow. No experiance with a tipi style tent.

Looking to run it mostly with the insert even at late season Elk (Got a Summit -15 Bag and 7R Pad) but like the idea of having the option of adding the stove later and maybe just as a tarp for early season and California Deer.

Have a good 30-40 nights in mine.

Like anything similar, practice the pitching.

Rode out a few storms, heavy wet snow, blizzard, summer storms, wind. Still gotta seam seal it, but it's been solid.

Bought a cheap Amazon bug net with tub floor as Brad didn't have anything yet for inserts, or had the 4p just no 2p half insert.

Once frost hits I don't bother with the bug net.

Have you camped solo somewhere new in a floorless before? My recommendation is to do that first, before setting down the money. Some people just aren't floorless people or stove people.

Have a good 30-40 nights in mine.

Like anything similar, practice the pitching.

Rode out a few storms, heavy wet snow, blizzard, summer storms, wind. Still gotta seam seal it, but it's been solid.

Bought a cheap Amazon bug net with tub floor as Brad didn't have anything yet for inserts, or had the 4p just no 2p half insert.

Once frost hits I don't bother with the bug net.

Have you camped solo somewhere new in a floorless before? My recommendation is to do that first, before setting down the money. Some people just aren't floorless people or stove people.
Thank you for the reply and insights. Definitly plan on running the insert. Have camped without ground and dont mind it. Never tried a cam stove.

Rincon was a good tent when I had it, I just didn’t like the lack of space. I’m 6’2” but I do like a lot of extra space. If I was skinnier or shorter I would have kept it. Damn good tent for the price. I used a tarp floor that I got cheap on Amazon, I bet a tyvek would be light years better.

Haven’t ran mine with a stove yet but will do so this October. I imagine it won’t be bad.

Ive ran one since they came out...I like it. Just had to buy another one though, turns out they arent grizzly sow and 3 cub proof. . Ive ran it with a small Titanium Goat stove and it kept me plenty warm on a backpack hunt. But for me, once it gets much colder I take my seek Redcliff with bigger stove. But im also using horses. I really do like the Argali material, less sag when wet than my seek, and ive considered getting the larger Absaroka to use because of that. I do think the tent i just got last week, pitches better than my original version did. I always seemed to have slack spots, but this one set right up tight on all sides, so kinda think they did some tweaking from then to now. Anyways, great tent in my opinion. I like running the liner, and between myself and dog, we have plenty of room for gear and all. Been in high winds, and snow, no issues. But the one thing with tipi style, you better have good ground for stakes. If it is loose dirt and hard rocks, it could make setting up a bit more challenging. just something to think about.

I was on the fence about getting the 2 man or 4 man. I chose the 4 man, and I'm really glad i did. We ran it with and without the insert for pretty much all of the 2023 season. We drew a couple of alpine mule tags here in Montana, so we back packed all season. For two people it was much more comfortable. Room for gear, cooking and the stove for colder nights. if you are by yourself mostly then the 2 man will get it done.

I have one and absolutley love it! I have had a lot of nights in mine and it has been great! If you get the stove the 4P tent would be nice to have extra room for gear and a small wood pile. I am still able to do it with the 2p but it can get tight.

Attachments

• IMG_5124 2 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_5124 2 Medium.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5131 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_5131 Medium.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 14
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members