Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Are Wyoming Antelope Doe/Fawn Tags Transferable

tomengineer

I'm hunting in a 6 man party in unit 16. Everyone else drew a buck tag and two doe tags. Is it possible for one of them to give me their tag?

Wyoming regulation specifically prohibits the transfer of licenses from one individual to another. If you cannot go hunting then your license cannot legally be used. Wyoming regulation prohibits the taking of wildlife using another hunter’s license. It is much the same as with most licenses. For example, if you obtained a driver’s license and were unable to drive, you could not transfer it to another person.

Wyoming regulation specifically prohibits the transfer of licenses from one individual to another. If you cannot go hunting then your license cannot legally be used. Wyoming regulation prohibits the taking of wildlife using another hunter’s license. It is much the same as with most licenses. For example, if you obtained a driver’s license and were unable to drive, you could not transfer it to another person.
Thank you. Just here in my state deer tags are transferable so was just curious.

It's not the question you asked, but note that they CAN transfer the dead antelope to you. There's a "tag" you buy from the GFD (most processors have them, too) that allows you to take the antelope out of the state, eat it, etc--you don't need this if it's your name on the antelope tag, but if for some reason you were pulled over without your buddies and it had their tag on it, you'd have some explaining to do. It's $8 (or was last year). So if you go, you can at least ask one of your buddies to give you on the of the antelope they harvest.

It's not the question you asked, but note that they CAN transfer the dead antelope to you. There's a "tag" you buy from the GFD (most processors have them, too) that allows you to take the antelope out of the state, eat it, etc--you don't need this if it's your name on the antelope tag, but if for some reason you were pulled over without your buddies and it had their tag on it, you'd have some explaining to do. It's $8 (or was last year). So if you go, you can at least ask one of your buddies to give you on the of the antelope they harvest.
Ok thanks!

According to Wyoming regulation, only twenty five pounds of meat can be given away to someone taking it across state lines. That is close to what you might get off a doe antelope, but if you and your buddies were going to share, I would certainly do that once you get back home and not in Wyoming. A game warden is going to be very suspicious if you take possession of someone's animal while you are here.

According to Wyoming regulation, only twenty five pounds of meat can be given away to someone taking it across state lines. That is close to what you might get off a doe antelope, but if you and your buddies were going to share, I would certainly do that once you get back home and not in Wyoming. A game warden is going to be very suspicious if you take possession of someone's animal while you are here.
Interesting. Was unaware of the pound limitation. My point was, if for some reason they're not driving together, better to have the tag that says he's allowed to be carrying his buddy's dead antelope if he gets pulled over. Here's the link to the transfer tag stuff.

You can transport another person's dead animals with their carcass tag in your pocket, within Wyoming,, the interstate game tag is needed if you are transporting an animal and do not have the carcass tag.

15 will be tough to kill a buck antelope on public, might or might not even get the tag in the leftover draw this year. Still go with them though. Karma is real, help them pack/drag a critter or 4.

You can transport another person's dead animals with their carcass tag in your pocket, within Wyoming,, the interstate game tag is needed if you are transporting an animal and do not have the carcass tag.
Only the license holder can transport their animal across state lines with their license. We are talking nonresidents, so it will leave the state. If it is shipped or taken by someone else across state lines, it must have a Wyo Interstate game tag.

Thank you. Just here in my state deer tags are transferable so was just curious.

Wyoming tags are NOT transferable. One exception: you can donate your licenses to charitable groups handling veterans and/or mobility impaired or handicapped hunters. To do that, you have to donate your license before the season starts.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back