PEAX Equipment

Archery noooooob

Novice would be a pretty harsh word, but lack of a better one might be in play LOL. I have shot before, but never focused on it for very long. I have had a 2 inch group at 35 yards, just never stuck with it... now that i want to hunt, I am taking it seriously, so now I am shooting more, and seeing some of these things happening...so trying to fix it... This was a failure of equipment, followed by a failure of me...followed by over thinking instead of sitting down and taking a breath. I am good now. I will tighten up my shots at 20 yards, and throw a few at the 50 yard target to make sure the pin is accurate before starting to shoot any other targets (I have a 30, 40, and 50) with pins for 2 target ranges between 20 and 50 I am thinking of just putting them at 30 and 40...seems pretty straight forward LOL.

ALSO, side note... I was able to extend my trigger about an 1/8 of an inch, you wont believe the difference just that move made... Now, to move my belly out of the way... lol

Out of curiosity- how heavy was your draw weight to begin with?

I started at 28, I have severe muscle spasms so I’m working up with my strength. Right now I’m at hunting weight, working up.

Novice would be a pretty harsh word, but lack of a better one might be in play LOL. I have shot before, but never focused on it for very long. I have had a 2 inch group at 35 yards, just never stuck with it... now that i want to hunt, I am taking it seriously, so now I am shooting more, and seeing some of these things happening...so trying to fix it... This was a failure of equipment, followed by a failure of me...followed by over thinking instead of sitting down and taking a breath. I am good now. I will tighten up my shots at 20 yards, and throw a few at the 50 yard target to make sure the pin is accurate before starting to shoot any other targets (I have a 30, 40, and 50) with pins for 2 target ranges between 20 and 50 I am thinking of just putting them at 30 and 40...seems pretty straight forward LOL.

ALSO, side note... I was able to extend my trigger about an 1/8 of an inch, you wont believe the difference just that move made... Now, to move my belly out of the way... lol

Based on your anchor description you need to increase your draw length. Your knuckle should be right under your ear lobe if you are shooting a wrist strap release. That will allow you to keep your head up and the string will touch the tip of your nose and cross the corner of your mouth. I bet your bow is set 1-2" too short for your draw. Easy way to see is measure your wingspan tip to tip and divide by 2.5. that should be your starting point for draw length with fine tuning from there. I would go to a real pro shop and pay for a 1 hour lesson. They typically will give you tips on form and get your bow setup properly.

At 28, you are going to have a much bigger group than 50 lbs - just margin of error for a slow arrow. Torquing the bow at release will probably be exaggerated in misses as well. I started at 53 and now I'm at 61 and torquing the bow can move it a few inches at 20, much more at 50 yards.

Thanks, as my strength grows (and spasms are controlled) I will focus on getting the group tight. For now, I will focus on hitting the targert. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back