Archery Mooae

idelkhntr

I drew an Idaho Moose tag finally and plan on trying to harvest one with my bow. My hunt is the same unit I hunt Elk. Both going on at the same time. My bow is tuned to the arrows I use for Elk and I plan on using same setup for Moose. I'm shooting 298 fps. My arrows are 330 spine with 100 grain broad heads. Total arrow weight of 430 grains. What do you guys think, are my arrows heavy enough for Moose? I've seen some nice Bulls the past few years so I'm optimistic I can get on one this year. Hoping to fill my Elk tag too. I may need another freezer though. It's a public land on my own hunt OYOA style. Should be fun.

You are more than fine. Placement is most important. My wife killer a moose with her bow last year and she shoots a 55 lb draw with lighter arrows.

Kill a big one and have fun! Good luck

I had the same dilemma, but my arrows were significantly lighter than yours. I got some FMJ's and my arrow now weighs 485 grains. It might not have been needed, but the extra weight gives me more confidence.

I'll be trying to fill an Idaho moose tag with my bow this year as well. I'm shooting a little heavier at about the same speed and plan on getting it done. Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back