Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anyone want to split a camp in the Routte National forest 3rd rifle?

TexanSam

Hey guys, I drew a buck tag for unit fifteen in colorado for the 3rd season. I really don't want to spend the money on a hotel and I would feel better about camping if I joined up with some folks so we can watch each others backs and such. We don't have to hunt together, but I do have a big kifaru tipi and a wood burning stove that can be used for cooking.

Good luck. Im hoping to make some buddies this fall to to cut cost the years to follow.

If I may ask, what are some of your concerns. I hunt solo a lot. I'm not saying I dont have concerns, but the more I hunt the less they bother me.

If I may ask, what are some of your concerns. I hunt solo a lot. I'm not saying I dont have concerns, but the more I hunt the less they bother me.
Mostly just piece of mind, I'd feel better that my gear isn't going to grow legs and walk away in the middle of the night or during the day while hunting. Also if I weren't to come back for a while and didn't send an inreach message someone would know something is up.

Another reason being that camp chores are just easier when there's more than one person. For example, cooking, splitting wood, setting up the tent etc.

Plus a week in the mountains by myself might flat out get boring being alone to my own thoughts lol

One thing I do on a long hunt, is plan a trip too town for lunch or dinner. In the middle of it. Usually by the time I'm done, I can't wait to get back out there.
Personally I only burn wood right before bed " less wood to split". Mornings I use a propane heater to take the chill off " I'm not one too take a lot of time to get around". Boil water for coffee on the cooker.
I usually eat my big meal at lunch, I take it with me hunting, helps pass the time during mid day. Couple of tips I use. I prepare all of my lunch vegetables before I get to camp. Precooked bacon is awesome. The more things that you can prepare before you go, makes camp so much easier " less decisions".
Depending on time of year, you may have more or less time in camp do to darkness. So some of this may change a little.
Personally, someone always knows where my camp location is and direction I'm headed. I live in Montana, most places I can get a text out, usually at the top of the mountain.
As for people stealing your stuff, if someone wants it, there going to get it. I understand your feelings, I have them too, but I'm there to hunt, so I'm going hunting. Good luck

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back