Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anyone running Crispi Thors for boots?

Vthntr

Going on a September Elk hunt and looking at several boot options. The Thor is at the top of my list. Anyone using or used them and want to provide experience and opinions?

Just started with the summit GTX after talking to their customer service about both the Thor and Summit. They recommended the Summit over the Thor for longevity purposes and because of the difference in boot soles for the type of hunting/terrain I described. Been happy with them so far. Interested to see what others have to say about the thors since they were so comfortable when tried on too. Their customer service is very helpful if you give them a call and have any comparison questions as well.

My go-to boots are Crispi Idahos. The factory insole sucks imo, but once you swap them out they’re a good boot.

I’ll preface my hunt is going to be 2020 due to family commitments and the Thor was super light and rigid. The Colorado is my next choice but is a half pound heavier. Unfortunately there is no where around me to try them on. I’ll likely call Crispi and inquire.

Thanks everyone.

I have a pair and love them. I was hesitant at first as I seemed to get pressure points on the balls of my feet when I was wearing them around the house, but I was sort of forced to wear them on a hunt and they were great. Granted this is all from my foots perspective, your may differ.

I run crispi Nevadas....went with crispis because I could not find a negative review on them anywhere.

Best boots I have ever owned hands down. Granted they have 0 mountain miles on them but I probably put 50 or 60 miles on them shed hunting last winter/spring and they are amazing.

We'll see how they perform in CO this fall.

I'm with MadTom, my "go-to" boots (of the uninsulated variety) are Crispi Idaho's. They're very similar to the Thors, but are 8" tall. Light enough, breathe well, but lots of ankle support which I need because mine suck. The lacing pattern is a draw back, but once you get a routine down that works, they're lights out.

I have had a pair of Thor’s for going in their 3rd year and they are my favorite pair of boots I’ve owned. I also have crispy summits and kennetrek mountain extremes and each have their place but if you just want a great all around boot they are a darn tough one to beat imo

I have had the Thors for 2 years and no complaints other than the lacing of course. I run my boots a little looser anyways so it doesn't bother me. I have packed 125lbs with these boots and also hiked in steep terrain. Both instances I really enjoyed having a lighter yet stiff boot!!

Back