Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Anyone near Gunnison?

ZBB

I’m not sure if this is the right spot for this or not but here goes. I drew a 54 first rifle tag and I am anxious to get in there and stomp around. I know Colorado has a higher than usual snowpack so I was wondering if someone local could tel me what the snow situation is like. I found this map deal on weather street website. I’m hoping what I want to know is the top map, but I have a feeling the reality is the bottom map.
Thanks,
ZachF8E91F99-A3A1-45AE-970E-ECE6C31766E2.png

I drive through gunnison every day for work. You’ll probably get into snow about 9000’ feet in the shade or north slopes. Every thing is getting pretty green.

I drive through gunnison every day for work. You’ll probably get into snow about 9000’ feet in the shade or north slopes. Every thing is getting pretty green.
Awesome! Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Zach

Good stuff. Hopefully we can compare bulls after the season! There are some big ones in there, just gotta put the work in to find em and get them on the ground. I've only hunted there one season but if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I drew as a 1st choice but my buddy drew as a 2nd choice.

Reactions: ZBB
Run off is just starting. Lots of snow still in the high country. at 9600' stuff just started greening up and aspens are blooming this week.

Reactions: ZBB
I just got this from my wife.

View attachment 107719
I saw those too. Sitting at my house right now I can see snow on top of piles peak, greenhorn mtn, and down on the Spanish peaks. But the snow doesn’t look that deep and I’d have no problem going in there. I just wanted some local intel so to speak. Thanks everyone.
Zach

Update on this thread, I made the trip over to Gunnison a couple times this summer. Found a couple nice bulls in not so nice areas. Saw that my first choice tag was on the leftover list, turned my first rifle tag in to try for the tag I wanted. The tags I wanted were gone at 9:03 and I haven’t seen any of the tags come back on the list. Live and learn I guess. Cool country over by Gunnison though, crested butte is a busy little town. Point being, don’t expect a write up.
Zach

Back