Anyone Know Porcupines Are Aggressive?

SPDSpappy

Thought I'd share this story here with you all for a laugh. I went hunting in NW Colorado during 1st rifle elk season for the second time this past October. I was wondering around in the dark to get to my hunting spot for sun up and I heard something walking in the woods. I didn't think too much of it at first and eventually saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked an initially thought it was a skunk until I saw the quills. Then, the darn thing started stalking me! I moved down the hill, it followed me, I moved faster, it moved faster. It came across a downed tree and stopped for a little while and I took a couple pictures and video (see link) and kept walking. I came to the clearing I was going to sit at and wait for an elk, looked to my right into the trees and there it was again looking at me! I took the rifle off my back and thought I was going to have to shoot this thing in self defense... Thankfully it decided to move on and I didn't have to shoot it! Anyone ever experience anything like this??

20191013_070510.jpg

Those are crazy looking!! Did you get them mounted? I'm curious what they look like if you did...
We didn’t get them mounted but we each kept 20 or 30 of the longest quills. They are pretty cool looking displayed in a vase and gives your friends something to handle. If alcohol is involved inevitably one of your friends will end up poking another friend with one. They are unbelievably sharp. Always entertaining. 679C35B6-EE11-4B6B-AB93-D4113DA84922.jpeg

We didn’t get them mounted but we each kept 20 or 30 of the longest quills. They are pretty cool looking displayed in a vase and gives your friends something to handle. If alcohol is involved inevitably one of your friends will end up poking another friend with one. They are unbelievably sharp. Always entertaining.

Very cool!! They're a lot wider than I thought they would be. Thank you for sharing!!!

We didn’t get them mounted but we each kept 20 or 30 of the longest quills. They are pretty cool looking displayed in a vase and gives your friends something to handle. If alcohol is involved inevitably one of your friends will end up poking another friend with one. They are unbelievably sharp. Always entertaining. View attachment 141079
That’s awesome

Yep, happened to me with one in Alaska. Pretty sure I found a carnivorous porcupine that hadn’t eaten in a month, at least that’s what I convinced myself as I ran for my life.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back