Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Anyone hunting or hunted Unit 24

RN Flatlander

I am planning a deer hunt for this October and was planning on focusing on the area south of sagebrush park and round park and green mountain, which is Unit 24 I think for elk, and 96 for deer. I believe there is an elk season that ends the day before the deer season starts there. I've never been to the area and picked it based on draw odds, success rates, and google earth. I was just wondering if anyone on here has been there or is planning on going there. Just curious as to what that area is like, because google earth doesn't have the best images of that area.

Which state are you talking about? Wyoming?

Yes, he's talking about deer unit 96 that's in the southern part of Fremont County and on down a few miles into Sweetwater County. I've never been down through there and can't help him, but I would think that Google earth would give him what he is asking for and he says it's not good enough.

I camped on the mountain one time and had bulls screaming right outside the tent. From what every one says its a good hunt if you have the points max or one less for 300 inch and smaller bulls.

I was talking about Wyoming, that probably would have helped to include that. Google earth for where I am from in Illinois will show my truck in my driveway, but for the area I am looking at hunting there, I can barely tell what kind of roads there are (dirt or rock). Just trying to get as prepared as possible before heading out there.

I have hunted green, whiskey peak ETC in unit 24 for elk. I saw very few deer, with that said I did glass up a great buck that most guys would be happy with.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back