Anyone hunt Ibex in Tajikistan?

NVDesertHunter

Hello All,

Im trying to save up for my "once-in-a-lifetime" hunt. It started out as a British Columbia Mountain Goat hunt, then Tahr in New Zealand.

Now I'm curious about Ibex in Tajikistan, looking at the price $6-9K. It doesn't seem to expensive for an incredible experience and hunt.

Has anyone gone or know someone that has done this hunt? My main question is, does the trip truly cost under $12K total? Seems like a steal since BC mountain goat are going at ~$15K.

Thanks in advance,

I like your list of hunts!

I've looked at Mountain Goat and Ibex many times but never hunted them. But I have hunted tahr, and if you do a "cost benefit analysis" it might come out on top. Should only cost a few thousand if done DIY in NZ.

I like your list of hunts!

I've looked at Mountain Goat and Ibex many times but never hunted them. But I have hunted tahr, and if you do a "cost benefit analysis" it might come out on top. Should only cost a few thousand if done DIY in NZ.

Thanks Kiwi, Tahr shot up to the top of the list once I found out I'll have enough airline miles soon for a free flight to NZ. However, something about traveling and the adventure a hunt in Tajikistan would bring seems like a great story to tell myself when Im too old to hunt at 12,000ft.

I’ve hunted in the country south of that. If I were a betting man, its southern border has something to do with the price tag. I’d go to New Zealand.

Back