PEAX Equipment

Anyone here with a Utah Moose tag for the Wasatch?

MaxPower

Looks like theres a big bull living up on the Willow Heights Trail in Big Cottonwood Canyon.

MaxPower, I was lucky enough to draw the Wasatch Moose tag. I would love to look into the Willow Heights Bull. Do you happen to have pictures of him?

You should see pics and video if you click the facebook link. There is a group on facebook called "Hike the Wasatch" you should join. I never post or comment, but I get lots of good wildlife info from it as people are always posting pics of moose, goats, deer etc.
Someone just posted a video of a big bull they filmed yesterday up at lake blanche.

I've posted about this before. Moose, Goat and Sheep tags are so hard to get, that any info I happen upon I'm glad to give to other Hunttalkers.

Ended up face to face with the bull pictured above today as I was hiking back out after checking my trail cams. After a somewhat uncomfortable stare down that lasted 2-3 minutes, he finally turned and headed off very slowly. Pretty sure there was another one in the woods because after he turned and started walking the other way, I twice heard snorts from the woods to my right and each time he stopped and looked back.

Pic is not very good, since I had my .45 in one hand and was trying to take pictures with the other (with too much glare to see the screen on my phone).

Seeing this guy quite a bit on my web cams. If anyone has an East Canyon bull moose tag, PM me and I can give you details on where he’s hanging out.

627A258E-BA08-44CF-AE2D-AF62E471ACBE.jpeg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back