Caribou Gear

Anyone have a Swift Reloading Manual?

smalls

Just as the title suggests...

I picked up some A-Frames to load into the 7-08 as accubonds have been as rare as jackalope lately. I've read that the A-frames have a harder copper jacket that can cause pressure issues if not careful and finding swift reloading data is kind of a PITA.

Let me know, by PM if you prefer, if you can help out.

Just as the title suggests...

I picked up some A-Frames to load into the 7-08 as accubonds have been as rare as jackalope lately. I've read that the A-frames have a harder copper jacket that can cause pressure issues if not careful and finding swift reloading data is kind of a PITA.

Let me know, by PM if you prefer, if you can help out.
I had my .340 Wby rebarreled, the smith recommended A-Frames for Elk. I bought some 225 grain A-Frames, and loaded them with similar loads as 225 Nosler Partitions that I had been using in the old barrel. Started 10% under what I was loading the Noslers, and safely worked up to the same load-no pressure signs. I think it is a better bullet than the Nosler (it is bonded, Nosler isn't), but didn't shoot the 3/4 inch group the Noslers did. They grouped about an inch. Not satisfied, I ended up working up a load with Barnes 225 TTSX that shoots a half inch, so that's what I'm using now.
As Don Fischer suggested, start at suggested starting load for the bullet weight and proceed.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back