Anybody use SecureIt gun safes?

kwyeewyk

In the market for a safe/locker and these caught my eye, looks like some good concepts, anybody using them?

Nope. When I needed to upgrade my safe I shopped around a lot on craigslist and got an older beast at an estate sale dirt cheap.

I have one of the smallish horizontal "fastbox" floor mounts under my bed for my 12ga home defense shotgun. It is fine for keeping kids out - not a "safe" like the one in my basement for primary storage. For my purpose it was adequate quality and adequate security, but nothing to get excited about.

I have the 6 long gun capacity model and like it. My two priorities were locking up guns from the kids and being lightweight/portable. It meets those very well.

From a fire, theft, and storage space standpoint I wouldn't recommend it. It is also expensive for what it is.

Nope. When I needed to upgrade my safe I shopped around a lot on craigslist and got an older beast at an estate sale dirt cheap.
Been checking CL but no good deals yet, my wife never misses an estate sale but don't find too many around here. I usually go for used stuff when I can.

I have one of the smallish horizontal "fastbox" floor mounts under my bed for my 12ga home defense shotgun. It is fine for keeping kids out - not a "safe" like the one in my basement for primary storage. For my purpose it was adequate quality and adequate security, but nothing to get excited about.
Took a quick look at those but wasn't quite sure how to install, do you just bolt it to the floor?

I have the 6 long gun capacity model and like it. My two priorities were locking up guns from the kids and being lightweight/portable. It meets those very well.

From a fire, theft, and storage space standpoint I wouldn't recommend it. It is also expensive for what it is.
Also looking for lighweight/portable at this time, no good place for a real big one. Just have stuff locked in hard sided cases now so basically no fire/theft protection. They are a bit pricey, for number of guns, but probably more honest about the number it really holds than most safes.

Last edited:
Took a quick look at those but wasn't quite sure how to install, do you just bolt it to the floor?
I still wanted to be able to get a vacuum under there so just used steel cable loop around metal frame head board. As said, this is about worthless for theft/security, so I didn't have a need to bolt to floor. This was just for gun safety with kids around. If we aren't home and somebody brings bolt cutters and steals it, so be it. My true safe in the basement would be a whole other endeavor for them - but even that would be relatively easy with some time and an angle grinder. If we aren't home and they somehow bypassed our security system they will be able to steal whatever they want I guess, but I don't worry about the extreme eventualities.

I still wanted to be able to get a vacuum under there so just used steel cable loop around metal frame head board. As said, this is about worthless for theft/security, so I didn't have a need to bolt to floor. This was just for gun safety with kids around. If we aren't home and somebody brings bolt cutters and steals it, so be it. My true safe in the basement would be a whole other endeavor for them - but even that would be relatively easy with some time and an angle grinder. If we aren't home and they somehow bypassed our security system they will be able to steal whatever they want I guess, but I don't worry about the extreme eventualities.
Thanks for the info. So is the "true safe" in the basement also SecureIt? I ask because they have a model called that.

I bought an Agile 52 several years ago after they first came out. They used to offer 30% for military/LEO with free shipping so I figured why not. It was going upstairs so it was really nice to carry and assemble. Overall, I'm really happy with it. It's not for storing valuables or documents but for holding just guns and not taking up a lot of room in a closet, I think it's great.

I bought an Agile 52 several years ago after they first came out. They used to offer 30% for military/LEO with free shipping so I figured why not. It was going upstairs so it was really nice to carry and assemble. Overall, I'm really happy with it. It's not for storing valuables or documents but for holding just guns and not taking up a lot of room in a closet, I think it's great.
I know they advertise them as having all your guns in front, but if you want can you fit smaller guns behind the front ones to get more capacity? Like a .22 behind a shotgun with no scope?

I know they advertise them as having all your guns in front, but if you want can you fit smaller guns behind the front ones to get more capacity? Like a .22 behind a shotgun with no scope?
I keep 6 up front, a regular AR with optics, a scoped Ruger 10/22, a CVA muzzleloader with scope, and Competition AR-15 with 20in barrel all in the back.

I'm a Steelwater guy. When I was buying they had the best fire rating of any manufacturer. Online only, driveway delivered. You need to be able to get it inside and bolted down on your own.

I bought a 5-gun security safe at amazon... I NOT recommend because of length short, I cannot put my vetterli 1870 rifle into it:( Now inside is 4 guns and 1 japanese katana looool

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back