Anybody know where to buy Hesco MIL-style barriers in the US?

The challenge would be force at the bottom of an 8' column of sand. Maybe first 2-3ft ties, and plywood above that. I don't want sand breaking out the bottom and leaving voids.
Use 3 ties vertical, outside and 1 center. Attach 1 row on the front to absorb impacts and then the plywood on the back. 8” is more than enough and screwed to the center post cuts out your concern.

Good unused ties by me are 20ish a tie. That adds up quickly. That’s why I did the cut trees and plywood. I lined the back with slab wood vertically and put all the brush behind that. Some make it thru where the logs meet but have lost so much energy I’m not worried about them. There isn’t anything behind them for 1/2 mile.

Google "Bulk Grain Bags" This might be a solution for you. They hold 1 1/2 tons of grain seed each. IDK what that equates to in sand or dirt.
These are also called Super Sacks. Fill with cheap fill sand and you can stack them a couple rows high with an excavator or backhoe. A local quarry may be able to deliver them filled. I supose at some point the sack material can get shot out, but if that happens replacement is easy.

These are also called Super Sacks. Fill with cheap fill sand and you can stack them a couple rows high with an excavator or backhoe. A local quarry may be able to deliver them filled. I supose at some point the sack material can get shot out, but if that happens replacement is easy.
Hard to mount a target on as the fabrics will be stretched and bulbous. If you put a board in front of it to hang targets it will create shrapnel and cut them up quickly. It would be probably more money in the long run to have it last way less.

Not sure if there are any shoring contractors in your area, but 4x12 pressure treated lumber gets thrown out in massive quantities at the end of the project. Pieces vary from 7' to 9' long.
This^^

Talk to any concrete super that is close to topping out structurally. You’ll end up with more than you could ever ask for.

We can make ya one of these to almost any dimension you want. Lol

Angle it forward some to have the bullets go downwards into the sand.

Oh, and lifetime warranty. ;)

Attachments

• LMU-Coal-Blade-768x768.png
    LMU-Coal-Blade-768x768.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 3
If your interested in super sacks, check with your local seed dealer, or a local farmer. Most are one time use, I probably have 30 or so around right now.

I have thought about two parallel rows of railroad ties 24" apart with sand in the gap. A bunch of poking around suggested that 2ft of sand is more than plenty as long as it doesn't "channel" around the high-use target area.
I’d be worried about it tipping over in a high wind or flash flood. How tall did you say?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back