anybody in N Idaho hunt Clagstone Meadows?

smitty661

while searching for elk spots close to home, I found the Clagstone Meadows property. It sounds like its walk in only, which I like the sound of. Anybody here hunt it and can tell me where I can find access points and restrictions for access?

Thanks,
Smitty

Hey,
I just came across this post. I hunted that area 3-4 times in 2018. At that time, I was recuperating from a foot injury so I didn't explore a good part of it. What I did see of it though was really nice land that has been well cared for by Stimson. There are two trailheads (south side and west side). I've walked in from both. There was some pretty good sign, but only one decent whitetail buck sighted. A group of 3 20-something hunters took a shot at him....shot over his back....then proceeded to sight in their gun from that same perch. The 8-10 shots they let go sank the day's effort for me! That was the only negative event on my few trips up there. I live in Post Falls, so it is a convenient location. I'm probably gonna try it again this year a few times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back