Anybody have luck in the elk draw?

I only apply in South Dakota. Been to Wyoming once and Idaho twice, had fun, learned things but no elk for me. Called one in for a friend in Wyoming and he scored so I guess thats an assist. Maybe in the future but we all see how that game is playing out.

I have been out for a while dealing with a neck issue. Come back to find out I drew an archery tag at the same time as finding out I am losing strength in my right arm in addition to the pain in my arm and Dr says I need surgery to fix a disc (replace or fuse). Talk about highs and lows. Still figuring out what I am going to do. Try to tough it out, reduce poundage and see what happens? Surgery and hope I am good enough in time. Once you get about 50, this could be a once in a lifetime tag. Future is not guaranteed. Fun...

I have been out for a while dealing with a neck issue. Come back to find out I drew an archery tag at the same time as finding out I am losing strength in my right arm in addition to the pain in my arm and Dr says I need surgery to fix a disc (replace or fuse). Talk about highs and lows. Still figuring out what I am going to do. Try to tough it out, reduce poundage and see what happens? Surgery and hope I am good enough in time. Once you get about 50, this could be a once in a lifetime tag. Future is not guaranteed. Fun...
Nah don't be silly, bite the bullet and get crossbow exemption.

I know this crowd hates them, but you're the model case for why they're allowed in South Dakota.

Why risk running a low poundage bow on a tag that'll likely be the only time you draw it?

100% agree with the crossbow. As stated, your situation is exactly why they have the crossbow exemption. Get it, get a crossbow, practice, and go kill a bull!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd Gardner
Back