Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Anybody else muzzleloader hunting this year

I pulled a NV bull elk tag during Sept with a MZ. Last time I drew a MZ tag I borrowed a rifle from a friend.

I'm thinking of purchasing my own this time. Currently looking at a CVA Accura LR.
You'll have to get sights installed if you do.

I got drawn for deer in unit 6b in Arizona my go to unit here. I have soooo many muzzies it's hard to pick one to hunt with but if the weather is not calling for a lot of rain I'll more than likely use the custom GRRW-CA Hawken in .58 cal.

I'd be far more tempted to get a nice 54. Hawken or something more classic then that thing. I already feel a bit like I'm cheating with my in line and peep sight
I told story about chasing cow elk with my kit built hawken last year and how enjoyable it was. If you enjoy muzzleloader hunting I would strongly suggest you get a traditional rifle (build or buy). I think the hawken just triggers the mountain man type image to me as I run around the mountains. Now if I can just find some #11 caps for a antelope hunt that starts in 40 days...see even when not shooting traditional muzzleloaders they are still difficult to make go boom!

I told story about chasing cow elk with my kit built hawken last year and how enjoyable it was. If you enjoy muzzleloader hunting I would strongly suggest you get a traditional rifle (build or buy). I think the hawken just triggers the mountain man type image to me as I run around the mountains. Now if I can just find some #11 caps for a antelope hunt that starts in 40 days...see even when not shooting traditional muzzleloaders they are still difficult to make go boom!

I don’t know if it’d help much, but I’m in Cheyenne, not sure where you’re at. I have an extra tin for you. Regular or magnum if memory serves.

I don’t know if it’d help much, but I’m in Cheyenne, not sure where you’re at. I have an extra tin for you. Regular or magnum if memory serves.
I REALLY appreciate offer but your as far away in WY as possible. I hope to find some in rexburg/Idaho falls or Billings in next few weeks or else I am going to ration what I got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poptheclutch
Back