Anybody buy firewood by the logging truck?

If it is for a wood burning stove or fire pit check out small one man lumber mills that use a wood miser saws. They usually sell hardwood slab (the outer portion with the bark) for pretty darn cheap. I can get it for around $15 a cord and sometimes delivered!

That story was beautiful

I came across this today more or less by accident (searching for something else log/lumber related). I read this story and had tears I was laughing so hard. So many people, places, etc. come to mind that I can literally see the whole thing unfold as I read it. Thanks so much for a well needed chuckle.

Great story Randy, sounds as if your Dad had sorted the wheat from the chaff long ago. My own Dad heated with wood until he passed away a couple of years ago at 98, and over time there wasn't anyone down home with enough gumption to get him any wood so I often hauled a 5x10 trailer and pickup bed full of oak blocks 140 miles to his house then split it and stacked it myself, running the ram, catching and stacking only to have him come out and fuss if it was cut shorter than 16" or longer than 18". The last time he came out to check I asked him if he had brought his tape measure and really honked him off. Sure do miss the old fart.

HA! Randy, awesome stories, thank you.

Up here, according to the ads on CL, a logging truck load of wood runs $800 - $1500 depending on what flavor of wood is loaded, plus delivery.

"To cut firewood for personal use on National Forest lands in Idaho, you must have a Personal Use Firewood Permit. At $5.00 per cord, you can purchase a permit for no less than four cords ($20) and no more than twelve ($60)."

I've never bought fire wood directly...

Back