Any Vermont Houndsmen Here??

George P

I am trying to hook up with someone from vermont to run my bear dogs with for a couple days in June.I would pay for someone to run a couple of my bear dogs for a week or so.we cant run till July 15 where i live.I really want to see some of these new dogs go.If any of you guys have any leads on any place I can run dogs now please let me know.I live in New england so it would have to at least be on the east coast somewhere.

George,
Man I wished you lived closer. Could have used a few extra dogs last weekend "huh Gato" ;) ;) Good luck George

Yuppers, no such thing as having to many....lol, would have been nice this last week

Not that great george, thats why we needed a few more dogs, got on a big ol fellar and he lead the dogs for a death march, we seen him once w/dogs right on his arse, as he topped over a ridge, if we could have gotten a better idea as the direction they was taking him, they did cross one road with him where we could have got some fresh dogs put out but we were on the backside of the mnt about that time I am geussing, 6 hrs latter we finally get a good enough signal to pinpoint them, they was pretty hammered the rest the week from it, hunted some pups a few days but did'nt get anything going, before that we was striking 2-3 bear a day, but late thurs when we cut that big boys track we knew if any thats one we wanted to give it a go on, so anyways fri morning rigged dogs up that creek and right in the head of it at a stock pond we struck his track, after that he kicked are butts :D :D

Yah Gato,one rough day can set the tone for the week sometimes.I usually only run 3 dogs at a time here.I may keep another in the truck for a turn in dog.I have 6 broke dogs for this season.At least they are supposed to be all broke,I will let you know for sure in about 7 weeks !!!LOL
I sold 2 younger dogs this winter that i may kick myself for selling ifthese new ones arent what they are supposed to be.
I dont know what is worse on wearing out a pack of hounds.A young 125lb track star bear that just flat out runs mountain to mountain or a big one like you had that just walks them fighting all day.Unless we are within 50 yds of the action we very rarely see what is going on here.It must be neat to watch them going over ridges or whatever.
How did you start your tracks last week?I figured if you got 3 strikes a day you must have been rigging.3 strikes in a day would be an awesome day around here.

I rig all the bears I start, occasionally you might see one on a distant ridge and walk dogs over there, or just happen to see a older track coming off the bank that they can't strike but they might be able to coldtrail out on it. Theres plenty of bear here as to where its just a waste of time spending it baiting etc. I think Catman can agree after hunting with me a decent rig dog in my area is all you need, we had no problems striking tracks.

Yuppers George.....That Idaho is some awsome bear hunting country. I like our mtns better but they have alot more bears there :D :D Gato has a few good rig dogs and we struck around 3 tracks every day. Wished the dogs wouldn't have got so dang hammered on that big boy....but heck it was awsome to watch em right on his butt...lol wouldn't have traded that for anything...only wished we could have been closer to get some on video...

Yes that is some fun to watch the dogs catch isnt it!!! I had a hunter screw up at a tree a couple years ago.The bear came out and we got to watch all 3 dogs and the bear going through the woods together.it was an awesome sight.One dog grabbing the rear,one jumping him from the side and the third walking face to face baying him !!!That bear had just been shot at and only went 75 yds before he treed again.I was some proud of the dogs that day.The hunters tip almost covered the vet bill!!!! LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back