Any thoughts on deer hunting in unit Wy. 82?

3000 people hunt that unit for 2 weeks straight. That may be the most telling thing about the unit

I drove through there once. Saw some antelope but no deer. Those are my thoughts.

You really shouldn't give out that level of information without charging consulting fees.

The good thing about "deer" is it's the same for singular and plural. I may have seen one or 5,000. That info's gonna cost him.

I’m amazed at the types of responses to a very simple inquiry. I would assume the deer are like everywhere else. Active early morning and just before sunset. The majority of people probably won’t go any farther then a few hundred feet from their vehicle. Lots of glassing and try to avoid the crowds! In short, you get out of it, what you put into it.

I’m amazed at the types of responses to a very simple inquiry. I would assume the deer are like everywhere else. Active early morning and just before sunset. The majority of people probably won’t go any farther then a few hundred feet from their vehicle. Lots of glassing and try to avoid the crowds! In short, you get out of it, what you put into it.

Asking about hunting spots/units on your first post never goes over very well here. There is a place to introduce yourself to the community: https://www.hunttalk.com/forums/who-am-i.383/. Participate in some discussions and ask more specific questions and you'll be amazed at the helpfulness of the responses you'll get.

You’re absolutely right about people wanting to post information on a public forum. I don’t blame them. This is my first shot at it. My partner and I have 8 preference points for antelope and 6 for deer. We were thinking about trying to combine both into similar areas. That’s why the interest in region W. We are in our mid70’s, but hate driving around. Would prefer to get out and actually do spot and stalk. I’m not really looking for specific ”honey holes”, but maybe some general thoughts about the deer hunting specifically and even antelope In that area. We’re open to suggestion.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back