Any midwest whitetail hunting?

Can you believe how quickly Pedersen & Callahan FUBARed a dynasty? That is ironic how NE tumbled and MO soared....I smell a conspiracy.

I was extremely elated when they hired god as atheletic director and I do believe that Polini is the man to turn things around. I can not wait for the season opener!!!!!!!!!!

hunter480...yeah right! You're just trying to keep anyone from keying in on that great whitetail hunting back there...lol! Good luck this year!

medicine water...it's beyond me how anyone could could (dis)accomplish what callahan and pederson did...they were handed a dynasty and systematically disassembled it in 4 short years! I'm with you...thank God...god is back at the helm and has pelini there as a willing understudy...Pelini's smart...he recognizes (sp?) osbornes value and doesnt let his ego get in the way of absorbing everything he can from osborne. Pelini is the next leader of Husker Nation as we remember it!

hunter480...yeah right! You're just trying to keep anyone from keying in on that great whitetail hunting back there...lol! Good luck this year!

Lol, it was worth a try. Indiana is a sleeper for sure if you`re in the right areas. We have some huge deer taken each year and it seems to be steady.

Good luck to all of you as we bear down on the bow season opener.

Wapiti and Grizzley, I'm another ND hunter, at least until we moved to SoDak a few years ago.

My uncle owns a small acreage up in the Killdeer Mts next to public land, so we would all meet up there every year for whitetails and muleys. There was a fair amount of pressure, but since I'm strictly a meat hunter (probably one of the few here who would take a yearling doe over a mature 10pt any day...yeah, my priorities are skewed...lol!) I never had a problem filling my tag. Of course, filling my tag meant I was free to provide grunt labor for drives and dragging out bucks shot by lucky cousins or uncles, but I was still having fun, so I can't complain. The only downfall was the mandatory shot of Snowshoe Grog whenever someone filled their tag...that stuff's nasty! I started hunting at 19, so the first two years I tried to use age as a cop-out, but it didn't fly. Oh well.

Wapiti, I had to laugh when you mentioned driving around with your monster,,,every year up in the Killdeer mts, someone would always be making the rounds with an insanely huge buck or bull in the back of their truck. They'd be stopped left, right and sideways by folks wanting to get a better look and the story. Now, if the hunter happened to get his or her beast early opening weekend, that meant that he'd be driving around with it back there for at least two days - provided it was cool enough. We always got a kick out of those folks, but agreed we'd likely be doing the same if we would have been that fortunate.

Grizzley, we lived in Bismarck near Sertoma Park about 10 years ago. I still remember being able to hear the elk from the zoo bugling occasionally. I'd go for walks most evenings ,and I couldn't count how many times I flushed deer out of yards and flower beds a couple blocks from the park. Do people bowhunt that area, especially west of the zoo along the water?

These days, I hunt off our acreage here in SD, although calling it hunting might be a stretch. While it's nice to be able to sit in a well-furnished blind beside the barn, wheel my little freezer doe into the Morton building for gutting, skinning and butchering, and then get on with my day, I really miss the challenge of the spot & stalk hunting in ND. And sipping Grog in the kitchen is just not the same!

I'm going to be moving to MN next spring, so hopefully I won't miss a season. Those deer in northern MN are ridiculous...hard to decide whether to shoot or throw a saddle on them!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back