MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any luck out there this weekend

Benn74

Just wondering how everyone done? It was pretty quiet where I was seen sets of two! Not herded up yet not one bugle??

I called in a few bulls in SE Idaho. Had a spike stare at me at 30 yds, like "What do we do now?"

Seem to be more people, especially easterners this year. That could just be anecdotal, too.

We got into them on Saturday morning then had an unfortunate wind shift. 😑 That was it. No real rut activity, no bugles, but there was a raghorn in the group of cows we were after that was acting pretty proud of himself, sniffing at the cows and pushing the spikes around. Good luck out there guys.

I don't have an elk tag this year but my bow season for mule deer opened up on Sunday. I got into a small bachelor group around 930 in the morning. Messed up the stalk by being in a hurry and trying to move in too fast. They lit off for mexico when they busted me. I didn't see any more bucks for the rest of the weekend. Back at it Friday night.

Heard a bull bugle last night here a few times, 3 several mornings ago. Raking action & wallowing some too in bottom.

Hot as heck in southern CO (90 degF in Salida). I almost feel sorry for anyone that shot one because the bugs are still bad. Mosquitoes kept us from sitting still and walking around in the dark with a headlamp on your head guaranteed flies and moths flying in your eyes and nose. Hoping for a frost soon.

Hot as heck in southern CO (90 degF in Salida). I almost feel sorry for anyone that shot one because the bugs are still bad. Mosquitoes kept us from sitting still and walking around in the dark with a headlamp on your head guaranteed flies and moths flying in your eyes and nose. Hoping for a frost soon.
I agree it’s hot!! Bugs where horrible!!

Also wondering if anyone has hunted general archery in Utah for the any bull units? I’ve hunted them for years only been lucky a couple times! I guess I need to spread my horizons to other states

No rut activity last weekend on the western slope for us but we managed to run into 2 raghorns that heard us coming down the hill twice. Barked and cow called them back into 20 yards and my buddy got one down opening day.

Very hot in SW NM. No monsoons this week either..............that will slow things down some.
Tons of traffic coming & going to water,elk. Lots of folks on the road too.

Back