Any Idea................

Flytier

What an Arbogast Hulapike in nearly mint condition would be worth? Purchased it around 1972-73. It had a black and white rubber skirt on it but it over time has dry rotted and I replaced it with a black and yellow one. Other than the skirt it is in what I think is mint condition. I'll try to get a picture of it posted. Just wondering what it may be woirth today.

Flytier.....Any Arbogast lure that was introduced after his death would not have the collector's value of one manufactured before his death. And a hula pike with the "hula skirt" replaced would be of no value to a collector, IMHO. Use it with confidence for trolling drop offs and deep holes.....that's where it's true value is

I didnt think it would be worth a mint. Found one on ebay that I think was going to sell for $4.99 with 20 minutes left. It does make a nice display on my wall though. Any idea when Arbogast died?

Anyone know what to look for in wooden bass plugs? I have several old ones that are interesting.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-04-2003 16:48: Message edited by: Flytier ]</font>

Flytier......I think Fred Arbogast died in 1947 from a heart attack......I can remember my Pap bemoaning the fact that he would never be able to buy another good fishing lure after all of Fred's were gone. I don't think he had family to take over the business but the business still is going....I think.
footinmouth.gif

I think the business is stil going too. He did make some good stuff. And there is quite the market for his early stuff if you can find any.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back