MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any hunt talkers frequent rokslide?

Lots of knowledge over there, and just a couple tools. ;) I don't post much, but when I am looking for info it is a good place to search.

I got it figured out. I could not open it without switching my browser to safari.

The easiest of things get harder as I age :)

i am, im probably on it as much as i am here. I thought i was a gear junkie until i found that place but those guys take it to another level.

I lurk there some, but don't really post. I did just buy a MR pack off their classifieds page though

I have a question so dumb it should only be asked thru PM's :)

Anybody a member at rokslide?

I am, same name, about the only place I actively post besides here. I agree with others' sentiments, good website, but there's definitely a couple folks that can detract. That can happen anywhere. The moderation I've seen has been good. The one thing I really like is we try to police the "living room/backyard, I just opened it" reviews of gear.....usually if it's recommended on there, it's because someone has been using it extensively.

I do, but little posting. I frequent the Classifieds, which I think is one of the best from any hunting forum.

Gain knowledge - Hunt Talk
Gain Stuff- Rokslide

Yup, I check classifieds there every day! Of course, I check here too! :)

I post on occasion and check out various forums besides classifieds....

Bringing back a relic!!!

After many years of not hunting I have recently headed back into the woods. I’m a good liar and and horrible Hunter lol. It’s been 15 plus years since I’ve put meat in the freezer. I took my 8 year old hunting during the youth rifle here in Tennessee and he was successful. That really sparked my fire for the sacred art of hunting. Society gets engulfed in the comforts and ease of the world around them and this year has proven to me once again that there is so much on this Earth that should be explored.

So Im trying to get caught up I’ve been voraciously reading/watching everything that I feel is valid and reliable. With that being said here is my honest opinion of Huntalk vs Rokslide. Both platforms offer a wide array of info and knowledge. To me Huntalk feels like I’m absorbing info from an uncle who closely resembles Jeremiah Johnson. Rockslide feels to me like that same uncle but with a different haircut and maybe a lift kit on his truck. No offense to either side. I’m very thankful for what I’ve learned and the information from both parties.

For what is worth Jonn44 is my handle on both forums plus AR15.com.

To the old salts and the young bucks thanks for the knowledge!

@Big Fin you’re the man!

I've been on RS since shortly after it came into existence and it is for sure my favorite forum. I just recently discovered HT, and the only reason I joined was to get contact information on a tent a member was selling. I am looking forward to checking out this site a little more though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back