MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any "Full Cry" Mag subscribers...

FLIPPER

on here?

I am not
biggrin.gif

But I have some friends that are into hound hunting, bear and hog, and one of them gave me the May issue of Full Cry and I was really amazed.

I never knew that hound hunting was really that big...but the mag is pretty good and the stories are great
wink.gif

I took Bull Cry, uh Full Cry for years.. and even had 3 or 4 pictures put on the cover. But I no longer take it. I live in the west and hunt big game, lions and bears mostly.

You get very little of that in Full Cry anymore. They need to change the name to Squirrel Cry or Cur Cry. I lost interest and no longer take it. But a number of my buddies still do.

They used to run some classic old time stories in there. Don't know if they still do. I used to love reading the ads in the back where these guys sold dogs. Some of them were hilarious.

"Big game hound for sale. Guaranteed to rig, run and catch bear. Will cold trail lions and catch bobcats on dry ground. Been on 100 bears and 70 lions. This dog runs to catch, good with kids, no bad habits and totally trash free. $600 dollars firm."

I should start taking Full Cry again just for the humor value I got from those ads.
wink.gif

I still get Full Cry.It is no where near as good as it used to be in my opinion.It is still the best (only ? ) big game publication that I know of.Does anyone here know of any others??
Dawg, do you remember back when there were tons of stud ads in Full Cry? Emet Brohard,John Wick,etc all writing columns? I cant recall seeing any cur,feist, or squirrel stuff back then.I guess times have changed.

Ya George,

I recall some better days for that magazine. There was always a group that ran old articles and stories about the Lee brothers, Uncle Jimmy Owen, Ben Lilly, etc...

It was like the Majestic Treehound club or something but they always ran some interesting stuff I thought.

The thing I remember just before I stopped taking it was that old time hunter out of New Mex that started going senile. I think it's Albert Nolan.

I don't know if he still writes or not, but the last couple of columns I read he was losing it and ranting and raving like a mad man. My buddies used to call me laughing, "Have you read your Full Cry yet?"

I guess he was a great hunter but they should never have been printing some of that recent stuff. It wasn't coherent and I doubt anyone was proof reading anything.

Somebody should grab the bull by the horns and start a true big game hounding magazine, dedicated to the pursuit of bears, lions and bobcats!!

C'mon George, you're the man!!

Full Cry sucks, pretty simple, although I did catch a glimpse of my neighbors last month and see they went to printing on a new type of paper, maybe in time they will start printing add pics in color. Got to hand it to them cur people they are persistant, I think I counted 9 leopard cur columns in last issue I looked at, mostly they just talk back and forth to each other, mostly talk about each others dogs so they feel better....HA. Its kinda like you have to be gay to have a parade, you need to own a cur to write a column.....no thanks, always figured if you got that much time to talk to that many people on the ph and write columns, your not hunting enough anyways. Speaking of which I best go load up.

Back