Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

any deer in Idaho

Duck-Slayer

I drew this special tag for Idaho this year, crazy, I didn't think there were deer in Idaho....:rolleyes:
Wife shot this deer in the same unit last year....
100_1737.jpg

crazy girl, my wife is so lucky....
Matt

Nice photo. I'd love to hunt Idaho but according to Eastman's Hunting Journal there aren't any deer left in Idaho, just wolves. Did you see any wolves on your hunt? Was it DIY on Public Land?

yep DIY on public land, and no didn't see any wolves, surprised we didn't, that damn ID F&G need too manage the herds alittle different now that we have wolves.... they still think they need too sell as many tags as possible no matter what, money hungry SOB's....
Matt

We paid Eastmans to say that. Haha plenty of deer left in Idaho people just need to use their feet a little more.

yea good luck on a general season hunt, not worth it in my opinion..... I just go too wyoming and shoot a bunch of antelope, its a hellava lot cheaper and you can shoot more than once........:D ..... I forgot to mention that was her first deer ever, and only her 3rd animal that she has killed.....
Matt

Man I was caught; everyone is right there are no deer in Idaho. I would personally go elsewhere.

That is a great first deer; wish I had connected on a deer like that a few years ago in Ida...I mean not in Idaho.

It only sucks if you don't hunt IMHO.

That is true, I guess I should say that any deer that don't eat sage brush taste like crap, all them pine needles don't make a deer taste too good, shot 2 up in the tree's and won't shoot another one up there.... actually I won't even hunt up there except for elk, that's if there's any elk left.....
Matt

shot 2 up in the tree's and won't shoot another one up there.... actually I won't even hunt up there except for elk,
Matt

Dude.. .seriously ?!?!?! No wonder I haven't found and Bucks... I've been looking on the ground, not in the TREES !!!! Those animals are getting smarter since the wolf re-introduction ;)

Dude.. .seriously ?!?!?! No wonder I haven't found and Bucks... I've been looking on the ground, not in the TREES !!!! Those animals are getting smarter since the wolf re-introduction ;)

The last one we shot in the trees was a bad deal all the way around. We had to cut the tree down to get him out, the tree fell across the road and hit my brother's truck, the deer fell downhill from us and took us two hours to drag him back up.

The last one we shot in the trees was a bad deal all the way around. We had to cut the tree down to get him out, the tree fell across the road and hit my brother's truck, the deer fell downhill from us and took us two hours to drag him back up.

yea isn't that crazy what the wolves can do to the wildlife......:D
Matt

Maybe thats why they sell tree stands in Idaho now ? I thought it was for bear hunting and such but maybe it's because of the wolves pushing all the elk and deer into the trees.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back