Caribou Gear

Any Colorado DOT employees out there?

Bowhuntrben

I have been stuck in my rut of depression for not being able to go out west this year, so my wife is asking me to consider if I'm being called to move out there. I was wondering if there are any Colorado DOT employees out there that might be able to answer a few of my questions?

Get your lifetime Minnesota license first! Pretty cushy whitetail farm you have access to that you would be missing if you couldn't easily get back to hunt regularly.

I support CDOT from the private side. Not what you were looking for but thought I'd toss it out. I'm not a fish in the fish tank but have observed from the outside...

I have been stuck in my rut of depression for not being able to go out west this year, so my wife is asking me to consider if I'm being called to move out there. I was wondering if there are any Colorado DOT employees out there that might be able to answer a few of my questions?

I have not had any pleasant experiences with any of the Region 5 folks. Anyone else is no problem. I mostly deal with the Civil Engineering Project Managers.

Thanks for the serious responses!

We sold our house this spring and have been looking for a lot since then with no success. With WI right across the river, I did get my lifetime license in MN, so I'm good to go there!

I suppose the office I would be working in if I were to go there would probably be a unique office compared to most (at least it is in MN), but it's good to hear general impressions of all of the DOT. Good to hear that most seem to have no problems. I like the idea of the DOT because I see the hours consultants work in my field, and I'd rather have more time for my family and the outdoors than the extra money that comes with the private sector.

You sir have a good wife. All "hey let's move out west" and all lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back