Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Antelope Shanks are delicious

Khunter

Cooked up 4 antelope shanks loosely following using Hank Shaws "Greek Shanks" recipe:

Amazing. Absolutely worth saving shanks for the centerpiece of a meal. It definitely took 4 hours to cook them, more than Hank suggested, to be tender and the sauce was/is amazing. Definitely take the time to finish the sauce verus simple sefving with pan juice. Differrent tahnk Hank, I added some corn starch to aid the sauce thickening justr before serving.

Served with garlic mashers and collard greens.

FA133C7E-0FAE-43A9-94BE-F8307F89B024.jpeg86831626-4592-4500-9756-2483C3D43440.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like a great meal! Hank is awesome. His books have revolutionized cooking game for me too.

First shank I have played with was an elk shank. It was fantastic as I just slow cooked it and then used it for Philly’s. I’ve got this recipe earmarked for awhile now and I’ll have to give it a try! Looks fantastic! Shanks will never again be tossed or trimmed by me!

All shanks are delicious. I cook covered for 8+hrs and season like I would a roast, a brisket, a pork shoulder, or barbacoa depending on my mood.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back