Antelope...Lets See Them!!!

Thanks! This was our second year in this unit. We went 7 days after opening day and before the second weekend. It wasn't as busy as the previous year when we went opening day before the first weekend. Still some hunters around. Less antelope spotted on public this year, but we only hunted 2 days. Also, I go after the first public land buck I see in these units and he was the first one so didn't do much hunting after that. It was a typical hunt that you read about in these units, spotted him a mile into public land away from roads, ect. Did the same thing last year, except hunted 3 days. I feel like I was pretty lucky, but at the same time feel like I can go in and find an antelope in this unit on public land if I am willing to walk.
Awesome, Thank you for the reply! I plan to do a 2021 trip and only have a point so I will be limited to choosing one of those units with less than stellar public land access. Planning on taking a few of my buddies along with, we are a long way from Wyoming. Since we are so far I am panning a week long trip with at least 5 full days to hunt. Just trying to get a feel for what to expect. I will also take the first public land buck I see and am definitely willing to walk. I won't be able to make a trip out west every year so hoping for some success. Anyway, just trying to do the research now and hope for the best.

My wife’s first antelope, she passed on one that I would’ve broke my left arm to shoot (regretted it shortly after) but we lucked out and found this fella. Right at 16”. Montana.
Holy SH!t, I'd give me left big toe to shoot that 16" goat, what a beaut!! Congrats

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back