MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Another one from the 208!

SagebrushSlayer

Hi All,
I've been reading when I can, the great stories and pics posted here on hunttalk this fall. I have to say this is probably the best hunting site on the web. I love OYOA show and will keep the outdoor channel just because of it. Good job Randy on making a quality show. I hope to catch up on the 2nd season when I get back home next year.

Well some things about me. I love to hunt big game, with mule deer and elk being my favorites so far. More of a meat hunter, possibly due to the fact I can't find the big ones, or if I do I have another tag for another unit or I have filled it. I'm interested in antelope hunting and am gonna give it a shot hopefully next year. I have pretty much stayed an in-state hunter here in Idaho, with the exception of trying to hunt in LA and MS briefly.

I am spending a long year at a beach thats not surrounded by water, planning hunts and reading everyone's great hunting stories on here. I don't have any pics of anything I've shot mainly because I used a disposable camera or didn't fill a tag(usually the latter). :) More than likely I will be planning an out of state trip for '12, mainly because I don't know when I will be home next fall. I was able to talk the wife into letting me buy 2 tags each for deer and elk next year in Idaho, since I missed this year. Just hoping to draw one of each, so I can OTC hunt with the other two.

Look foward to reading more of everyone's stories and seeing the awesome country & animals you all post.:)

JB

Last edited:
This is a Great place. Welcome to your new home !!!

The owner Randy is a great guy. I'm just glad he took it over from the last owner. That guy was a Freak !!!

I'm also in the 208. Little West from ya, Live in Nampa, but work in Boise. Love the morning ride....... *Inserd head banging*

Welcome along for the ride. Another Boise guy here, although I'm smart enough to go against traffic and commute to Nampa in the morning, Boise in the afternoon. It's good that way, besides I can get chocolate shakes at the Iceberg on eagle without a lot of hassle.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good guys here and most of us can spell too!(insert Moosie).
Good luck and apply for everything.

Thanks for the warm welcome. My old man lives in Nampa, I always take the backroads instead of the interstate. Plus it gives me a reason to eat at Taco Johns on the way to his house. I have seen there are some good guys on the site and hope to meet or chat with ya'll sometime. This will be my home away from home alot over the next 9+ months. Preseason scouting will be via Google earth and dependent on if I draw any tags.

Well I hope to have some questions answered and provide some answers on the info that I know. Cause if knowledge is the key to success, I need help with my combo lock!:)

A quick glimpse of my hunting background so far. I hunted 39, well the Boise ridge unitl I was 19.Then decided I should actually try and find places that have more game than hunters. I branched out quickly hunting the sawtooths, salmon river area, around yellowpine, and recently the owhyees.

I've shot deer (nothing bigger than a 2x3) and a few cow elk (still trying for something with antlers). Drawn a couple buck tags, though never shooting anything that looks tagworth on the draw hunts. But don't take me as a big trophy hunter, because I've shot the youngins' and put in for doe/cow tags quite a bit. Still looking for my fist 3x3 or better for a buck and wouldn't be disappointed starting with a spike elk!:D

Just started into bow hunting. I have Matthews Q2 and just started shooting it this year. I ended up getting a lucky free trip out of the country, after getting excited to bowhunt.:rolleyes: Rifle hunting has been done with my trusty 25-06, on almost all my animals. I probably will be looking to buy a 270wsm for the next rifle.

Sorry for the long rant, just wanted to give up some more info about me. :D

Slayer- Speaking of back roads, I rarely even get on the freeway to go to Meridian unless the boss is driving. I seem to have an infinity for showing drivers their IQ. So when we go over to our place in OR, she generally does Boise to Ontario and I do the Ontario to Sumpter.

Back