Another Idaho Elk down..

Moosie

Grand poopa
Well... Jason K. a good frined of Mine Slipped out for a Few day.. I Just got the Call that He Has a Little Raghorn down. something about a 5 x 4.5 ... Whatever that means
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Anyways.. I'm heading out for Another Pack out. HOPE I get to do some Hunting, After helping warren w/ his moose and Elkturd with his deer and now Jasons Elk... I need to get out, I've been hunting Deprived
wink.gif

Seriously though, Congrats Jason !!! See you in a few hours.

PS, Elkgunner is also heading up with me. I'm guessing We'll have lots of stories about 4-wheelers and game farms when We get back
tongue.gif

PSS, Warrens boy shot a Doe today too. Congrats to him too !!

Bulls dropping everywere
smile.gif
Warrens Brother Shot a nice 5x on Sat also..

Was up with elkgunner and we saw a Spike (Trophy spike to boot
wink.gif
) and a nice 4x and a 6 point(ish). Was only around 310 so we let it go
tongue.gif

Well.. Not just ANY spike is a trophy spike. It takes quite a spike to be one.... We sat and Debated long and hard whether we should shoot it. ElkGunner kept nudging me saying "It is a big one." but his Signature hear reads "Friends don't let friends shoot spikes" So I didn't know what to do ?!?!

But I ended up not shooting it. It was at least 12" on one side and around 11 5/8 on the other. The spread was close to 13, I'm estimating around 12 6/8" min.

Anyways, we were only 3 hours in on foot from the truck up about 1,800 ft rise rith a 2,700 drop after that and with a Elk might have pushed the 6-7 hour mark, So it would have been an Easy hike for sure. At any rate, we talked and discussed it "LONG & HARD" but by the time we decided to shoot it the Elusive critter gave us the Slip...

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to find it again
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well... Another Idaho Elk Dies... I jsut got a Phone call from a buddy and Grabbed the Tape to score a NICE NICE 6x7. It had Everything but length and Width
wink.gif
Seriously though it came in at 326 0/8 with a net of 309 4/8. Of course I used a Cloth tape and it was +- a few Inches probably.

Was a dandy one for a First elk at 21 !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back