Another frustrating day in the woods

snite66

I just knew that today was the day I would fill my turkey archery tag.

It was not to be.:(

While getting the kids ready for school, I heard gobbling in the bottoms below the house. So on went the cammo and out the door I went. These birds always cross the field behind the house and go into the woods on the other side. I walked about a mile around so I wouldn’t get busted and made it to the corner they go into while they were about 75 yards out in the field. I was set up about 20 yards from the edge of the field in the woods, and when the birds got to forty yards I think one of them saw me because he raised his head and putted twice. I did not move, and he went back to eating and seemed to forget about me. I counted 32 birds from what I could see and there were more around the corner of the woods. Let me tell you 64 eyes are hard to hide from. A large tom got within 30 yards so I decided to make my move, I raised my bow and just as I drew back one of the birds putted four times and the whole trot moved out fast.They went out in the field about 100 yards and resumed eating but they were moving away from me with no way to cut them off again. :(

Oh well, I still got nine more days to fill that tag, and I had a ball this morning even coming up empty handed.
:D :D

Back