Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Another disappointing poaching fine

Bigjay73

Side note: hiking trail forums are also a great way to get hunting intell if you act like a wildlife watching enthusiast.

I mean, they were creative. “Compact bows in a backpack and arrows hidden in hollow hiking sticks” to avoid detection.

But man- that is low. Ridiculous that somebody would be that driven by ego to go through this trouble.

I mean, they were creative. “Compact bows in a backpack and arrows hidden in hollow hiking sticks” to avoid detection.

But man- that is low. Ridiculous that somebody would be that driven by ego to go through this trouble.

I was watching a documentary on the French Revolution a day or two ago and the presenter made a fascinating point about the enlightenment thinkers who were the intellectual arm of the revolution - "They believed that humans would rise to their better natures when they had freedom, but in reality, they vastly misunderstood the human desire for malice and greed."

Or some such. Seems apropos to this issue.

Hopefully this was just the first charge in what will be a larger investigation and case.

I was watching a documentary on the French Revolution a day or two ago and the presenter made a fascinating point about the enlightenment thinkers who were the intellectual arm of the revolution - "They believed that humans would rise to their better natures when they had freedom, but in reality, they vastly misunderstood the human desire for malice and greed."

Or some such. Seems apropos to this issue.
Ah, the classic “Hobbes v Locke” debate. Some people do better. But enough sink to the lowest allowable level that it ruins things for everyone else.

It is truly a shame that hunters are such a small minority that the bulk of the public will associate these reprobates with the rest of the hunting community. However, I feel that we are partly to blame with the glorification of trophies and allowing certain unethical subcultures to exist in any capacity within the sport. Besides- bad press sells better- poachers get headlines and ethics go to back page news.

If you think poaching is bad now, just wait until the prices of thermal comes down and God forbid if silencers ever become de-regulated.
Price of thermal has already come down significantly. Couple that with the fact every year somewhere we are changing seasons amd regulations in a lot of places to make it easier to fill a tag. I wonder how anyone ever got it done with open sights or a recurve.

Price of thermal has already come down significantly. Couple that with the fact every year somewhere we are changing seasons amd regulations in a lot of places to make it easier to fill a tag. I wonder how anyone ever got it done with open sights or a recurve.

There must have been a lot of prayer involved. lol

Definitely have to give Meateater an F on the click-baity title as well that has little to relevance on the actual crimes committed as well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back