Another Canadian ...

glennw89

Hello all. I'm in Ontario (near Canada's capital Ottawa). The bulk of my hunting time is spent after wild turkey in the spring and whitetail in the fall. Our deer hunting here is classic "big woods" - huge tracts of unbroken forest, hardwood ridges, lowland swamps, etc. I was very fortunate last year to be on a mountain goat hunt in Northern British Columbia (hosted by a resident friend through their Permit to Accompany program in BC) and draw a rare bull moose tag in my backyard here in Eastern Ontario. I was fortunate to take a mountain goat billy in BC, but couldn't track down a bull moose in our short 6 day season here.

Beyond hunting I do a wide variety of outdoor activities from whitewater paddling to skiing to rock climbing.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of Randy and his hunting endeavours as his attitude/philosophy largely mirrors my own.

Do you ever fish on lac des mille lacs? We go there every summer to hammer walleyes and perch. Welcome aboard!

I haven't fished that particular area. Although I have been through there several times, it's literally a two day drive from my home in Eastern Ontario.

Do you ever fish on lac des mille lacs? We go there every summer to hammer walleyes and perch. Welcome aboard!

Welcome ! I'm a couple hours from Ottawa. Been to the winter festival there a few times !!

Back