Yeti GOBOX Collection

Another Breaks Ewe Hunt

We were just across from you all weekend... glad to see you had better luck than we did, but we had a great time. My wife drew teh 680-30 tag. We started out down the infamous Bullwhacker road (Thanks to the Wilk's Bros:D). Unfortunately we couldn't turn up a single sheep down there on day one. I know we were close to where we needed to be, but with my wife and 12 year old daughter an all day pack out wasn't in the cards, although they did cover much more and steeper ground than I would have ever thought they could.

We finished day one and camped at the ferry on the north side. There were 4 successful ewe hunters at that camp ground and they made it sound sooooooo..... easy. 3 went by boat and had it done really quick. Another group of young guys from Bozeman killed their ewe a short ways from the ferry. They all assured us we would be able to get on them near by on Sunday morning.

We spent the first couple hours Sunday morning in the area the guys at camp had sent us, and although I had quite the view, I just couldn't turn anything up. We finished out the weekend further east on the Power Plant Road and finally turned up a few sheep... but they were all rams.

Not sure what I was doing wrong.... It is REALLY big country, and I like to think I know what I am doing with good glass in my hands, but after spending a total of 15 hours behind the binos and spotter over the weekend, I am feeling like the worst hunter ever.

Unfortunately with several elk, deer and antelope tags left to fill, I am not sure another trip is in the schedule for this season.... but if I can pull it off, I won't be going back up with out the jet boat.

Congrats on your hunt, I think it is a great hunt to spend some quality time with your family on, and we are hoping my daughter will get a crack at them next year!

Attachments

• BREAKS-sized.jpg
    BREAKS-sized.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 352
  • SIZED.jpg
    SIZED.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 354
Back