Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

An hour before dark

R.K.

Made a couple hour drive West to look at some gear at a price I couldn't pass up, which put me in a town I've passed through, but never explored, or even stopped in.

The river and town are fairly well known, and I had done a bit of reading before I hopped in the car. Some reports claimed the river was murky and high, but with the main goal of the trip complete, I couldn't resist heading to an access point to check for myself.

The air was cold, the sun was sinking, but the river here was braided through a gravel bar- calm enough to wade, and clear enough to tempt me into postponing (eventually skipping) dinner.

The fish were all near the head of the holes, with the whitefish in the main current, and the trout in the calmer water on the side. Brought 3 spunky whitefish to hand, and 3 somewhat lazy rainbows, while the mountains passed in and out of the clouds. Not bad for an hour before dark.

IMG_20190412_191728137_BURST000_COVER_TOP~2.jpg

IMG_20190412_192701676.jpg

IMG_20190412_195258243_HDR~2.jpg

Yep. Was posting this from my phone to get the photos, wanted to keep the post kinda short. Not much of a secret to keep with "west of Billings", the photos, and Livingston's fishing reputation in general.

That being said, these photos are a bit oversized on the laptop. Not sure how to re-size them.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back