Ammo Disposal?

trevore

Over the years I've acquired quite a few shells from different firearms. Some from guns I no longer own and some from hunters that I guided and never had a gun for.

How do I dispose of them?? Can I pull the bullets and dump the powder and toss the primered casing in the trash can?

Thanks
Trevor

Our local PD accepts them. They throw them into the pile of illegal stuff that the bomb squad blows up every few months.

Give 'em away...I'd be willing to bet that there are a bunch of guys on here and on other forums that would be willing to pay shipping just to dig around in a box full of ammo. All you have to do is slap a small ordinance sticker on the box and it take it to UPS or FedEx.

Plus 1 on the bomb squad. Billings does a toxic waste round up a couple times a year and you can take any shells, gun powder, chemicals or what ever to it. The first thing you get asked when you pull up is from the bomb squad asking for any old ammo. When I told them all I had was some old motor oil they were really depressed looking. They really wanted stuff to blow up.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northernmaineguide
Back