Am I being stupid?

The only stupid this is you care about what others think. Do what you want, it’s your tag.
I didn't get the impression he cares about what others think but maybe I'm wrong. It seemed to be more about trying to predict how he would feel based on making a particular type of decision. I've done the same myself many times

I would bet that if you had regular doe activity in your spot, come the rut you will have regular buck activity. I hope it works out that way for you. Make sure to let us know how it works out for you.

I would bet that if you had regular doe activity in your spot, come the rut you will have regular buck activity. I hope it works out that way for you. Make sure to let us know how it works out for you.

I know there’s a forky and a spike in the area. Couldn’t get close enough to either one in early season. Hopefully I can rattle something in during the rut.

Don't pass on the first day what you'd be happy with on the last day.

While I agree with this, I also love spending the time out in the woods and I’ll take any excuse to get out more. I also want to hone my stalking skills and become a better hunter.
If it was a short hunt, like my 4 day rifle elk season in November I’d definitely take the first legal animal I found. When I have two whole months to hunt and fill one tag I don’t feel bad passing on a doe.

Before social media, some hunters were stoked to get a doe....now people only shoot them with an excuse (my kid was there, it was last day, I needed the meat, I thought it was a buck.) I say shoot that sucker and honor her by being proud of a the successful hunt and worthy animal....as I am fond of saying during bow season: "DOE MODE!"

While I agree with this, I also love spending the time out in the woods and I’ll take any excuse to get out more. I also want to hone my stalking skills and become a better hunter.
If it was a short hunt, like my 4 day rifle elk season in November I’d definitely take the first legal animal I found. When I have two whole months to hunt and fill one tag I don’t feel bad passing on a doe.
That’s true. I have no problem shooting a doe, but I’ve always lived in places where I have multiple tags. Now that you bring it up, im not sure that I’d end my season early either...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisw
Back