Alexander’s on Rowan Muskie Fishing...

netman

I’m up in northwest Ontario Muskie Fishing at Alexander’s on Rowan Fishing lodge(formerly known as Nielsons Fly In lodge). We have had beautiful weather and fantastic fishing. The lodge and accommodations are superb.
Fishing is world class. My wife has caught hundreds of smallmouth bass and several pike. I have caught quite a few smallies and pike. However I’m here for the Muskie. The first day I caught one under thirty inches on about my thirtieth cast. So much for the fish of ten thousand cast. About a hundred thousand cast later and I caught my second which was 41” and super heavy. Really thick fish. There have been several caught each day with some in the fifty inch plus category.
All photographed and released. Here is my jewel.
CC5BF777-C218-4117-93C1-5B8F1E2E32BB.jpg

D11C0D78-E879-43C2-B4B8-F347D1C60E82.jpg
So my buddy pulled up beside my boat with a fishing lure hanging from his right ear. I tell him where I come from dudes that are light in their loafers wear earrings in their right ear. He asked me if I would remove his new found jewelry. One hook was buried in his ear canal. We did not have the correct surgery tools on the lake so we headed to the lodge. We cut the lure and extra hooks off and popped it right out with a piece of Muskie braid.
I was like Doc on Gunsmoke. I had to have a snort before operation.

Looks awesome! I was doing a bit of smallmouth fishing this weekend too. Always gets the heart pumping to see a musky tho!

Looks like fun! Those shield lakes can be TOUGH for muskies. I fish one a stone's throw from Rowan and it can drive a person mad. But, the beauty of the country and the great fishing for everything else makes up for it, not to mention I've seen the biggest fish of my life in those deep, clear waters.

Back